General discussion

Laptops with 1080p out via HDMI

Hi, I'm looking to buy a laptop that will connect to my HDTV via HDMI cable. I want it to have 1080p out thru the HDMI port. Are there any smaller laptops (12-13" screens) that have 1080p capability thru the HDMI port?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Laptops with 1080p out via HDMI
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Laptops with 1080p out via HDMI
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I do that.

I use a simple refurbed lenovo y530. It was just under 500 bucks but 1080p has been (so far) not a problem with any HDMI equipped laptop I've tried.

HOWEVER using a laptop for blu ray play is another matter entirely. Let's just say the most are unhappy with that and you'll find a blu ray player to be best.
Bob

- Collapse -
1080p?

I checked the graphics on that laptop... are you sure it's 1080p?

- Collapse -
Grinding it finer.

The laptop LCD is not 1080p. The HDMI output is.

Hope that's good enough for you.
Bob

- Collapse -
I would imagine that if a laptop

has a HDMI port that it's at least 720P capable. That's what a HDMI is for.

- Collapse -
awesome!

Thank you all for the help!
I've decided to go with a SAMSUNG R480 at Best Buy for $700.

CNET Forums

Forum Info