Please run the Housecall online virus scan located at:
Follow the prompts to scan your hard drive for viruses. Select the "Autoclean" option so that Housecall will remove any viruses from your system.
When the scan is finished, please restart your computer.
please run the WindowSecurity trojan scan here:
Remove any trojans found, and restart your computer.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
* Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
* Click the Scanning Control tab.
* Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
* Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
* Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
* On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
* On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
* Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
* After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
Operating Systems: Microsoft
ok so here's the thing
i have virus(es) and infections on my laptop i have spyware doctor but that wont get viruses, for an opinion (or fact?) is norton the way to go??
and i also want to --start fresh-- with it, all spare programs and memeory of other add ons and alllll that, i want gone, now i know it would be too long and i may miss some if i go in and manually delete everything, so i want to wipe the hard drive or anything else (if there is[and if so please tell]) to where theres nothing, and with that will i need a disk to put the basics on there or what? (im not sure if it came with disk or already installed-i didnt do it)
so with those 2 things in mind
is there one that should be done first-remove viruses then clean, or vis versa, or does it not matter
and as well, if i put some stuff that i want to keep say on a disk, would the scan get any viruses that moved to the disk??