Question

laptop under 1000$

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
under 1000$

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
Amazon

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

b. Dislike: MAC
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?

nope

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Photoshop and illustrator
also website building

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

will go with me to the academy

Cool Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

maybe? if yes : Fallout 4, Divinity original sin 2 and elderscrolls if anything new will come out

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?

6+ hours

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

buying online only

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / Cool, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.

windows only

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?

FHD

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)

matte i guess

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
no

15) When are you buying this laptop?

NOW!!! must decide this week

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
at least 3-4 years

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?

SSD is a must and HDD is a must. prefer 256SDD but 128 also ok. HDD not less than 1TB

1Cool Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?

nope

MUST: i-7

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

for now i found few laptops in links below, but no idea which one of them will give me the best out of the money:

MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US 15.6"

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7REX-1896US-i7-7700HQ-Steelseries/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?dpID=413IL7B3FnL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Lenovo Legion Y520 - 15.6

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Y520-i5-7300HQ-80WK00FHUS/dp/B06WVMJ713/ref=pd_cp_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06WVMJ713&pd_rd_r=XS7CXCDZGGCDF3B9GAF2&pd_rd_w=gryZ3&pd_rd_wg=oWnZA&psc=1&refRID=XS7CXCDZGGCDF3B9GAF2&dpID=413psh%2BrxKL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: laptop under 1000$
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: laptop under 1000$
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Laptop

The lenovo does not seem to match your specs.

You said.
I7+ssd+1TB hdd.
Why are you even looking at that unit?

- Collapse -
Re;wrong

Now you broke the budget.
You need to set the budget and specs and then go shopping for what's available in your area.

- Collapse -
Answer
Be sure to check reviews on these.
- Collapse -
PS. The Lenovo missed on one of your specs but

The battery times look better by far. My view on battery use on this class laptop (gamers) is that you should only use the battery as the last choice for power as it's only rated for 300 cycles and if you used it daily you would be replacing it yearly.

- Collapse -
battery

maybe you know whats the problem with
MSI-GL62M-7REX-1896US-i7-7700HQ?
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7REX-1896US-i7-7700HQ-Steelseries/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?dpID=413IL7B3FnL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

also i have no option to sit in class connected to the electricity Sad
and so far this is the only laptop i found that amazon ship to israel xD

there is also Lenovo legion Y520
https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Y520-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B074PH4GF7/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1508690787&sr=1-5&keywords=lenovo+legion+Y520

but as for now i dont see anyone shipping this version or 128SSD+ 1TB HDDto israel Sad

Lenovo legion Y520 better than MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US ?

- Collapse -
You asked me what is wrong but

Stopped short of completing what is wrong. To me your battery time is faulty. If the entire class has to use laptops like this, there would be plugs all over. But I see this sort of request a lot and it's, not to upset you, bogus since there can't be such a class.

But hey, I warned you like Tim the Enchanter ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8hAb230OE ) but many get upset about the battery area.

So you have your specs and there are reviews with battery times so what is your new question?

- Collapse -
both bad

so both of them are bad and aint worth getting?
there will be a minor tiny chance that maybe ill play anything on laptop
the most important are the 2 programs that ill work with.
my B.A is in design\web design\web building, HTML 5 and javascript and CSS

- Collapse -
I did not write both were bad.

I called out that battery times are out there and which appeared to have the better (longer) battery time. There'a about a 10 to 1 change in battery time when under a light load, no WiFi and such to gaming. So that 8 hours plummets to under 1 hour (fictitious numbers, go get the numbers for the laptops under discussion) when gaming or crunching numbers and graphs.

Of the 2 models, the nod would be to the Lenovo's you linked to. I already checked on PWM issues and they gave it a pass.

CNET Forums

Forum Info