General discussion

Laptop to older tv

Hi,

I'm attempting to watch videos/Hulu on my older Sony tv through my laptop and have connected the two using a cord that is s-video/audio on one end and RCA on the other.

My laptop is a Compaq Presario A900 and when I turn it on (while connected) the TV makes little clicking noises as if it's trying... but no luck. The input screen remains blank. I've hit fn + f4 only to get an icon of a computer with an arrow pointing to another computer. I've also attempted to use the Intel TV Wizard on my computer to no avail. It merely says that there is only one display connected and the TV can't be detected.

Would forcing the TV out work, and how would I go about that? Or are there other avenues that I haven't tried?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Laptop to older tv
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Laptop to older tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Seems like it's a setting on the laptop.

Check the user manual. Can you provide a link to the manual on Internet? Then maybe somebody could have a look.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info