Question

Laptop style tablet with drawing capabilities?

My daughter will be graduating high school next month. Her gift is to be a tablet (for drawing/art) that has the capabilities of a full-size laptop (DVD/CD/keyboard). I have one of the original Asus convertible laptop/tablets, with the screen that turns around and lays down for tablet use. It's more than outdated and weighs a lot.

I've been searching for a month, but haven't been able to find one that has everything I'm looking for. Does anyone know of any tablet/laptops with screens larger than 10" that can do everything I'm looking for?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Laptop style tablet with drawing capabilities?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Laptop style tablet with drawing capabilities?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I strongly suggest you don't do that.

While you can get touch screens the tablet wars are just starting. Why not what we all use? (hint: Wacom)

The Cintiq 21UX LCD tablet is used by many top notch artists.
Bob

- Collapse -
Knowing the alternatives

She already has an add-on (21") drawing pad for her PC. Not practical to haul around from class to class in college.

If there isn't what I'm looking for available, there isn't.

- Collapse -
Let's tackle this the other way.

What's made that is under consideration?

I found zero laptops that would have the features an artist would want in a touch screen so far. (resistive screen for accuracy, pressure sensitive for effect, etc.)
Bob

CNET Forums