General discussion

Laptop & printer compatibility

I'm not a very technically-minded person, and this may seem like a daft question. I just bought a new laptop (Compaq Presario V2010) and I need to get a new printer. I've decided on HP's all in one PSC1210 model. I went on HP's homepage to read the specs and it said under minimum system requirement, that I need 128MB RAM to instal the printer. My laptop has only 64MB RAM. Does that really matter? I was particularly confused when i read the specs from a local chain store for the same model, saying I only need 8MB! can I go ahead and get that printer? Do I need that much RAM to run it?? Anyway feedback appreciated!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Laptop & printer compatibility
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Laptop & printer compatibility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You'll be unhappy.

Even though my elder Armada with 64MB of RAM may actually work with that unit, the amount of disk churning as Windows goes virtual and the resulting hour long wait for a printed page will have you screaming that there must be a defect somewhere.

You'll want to heed the maker's specifications and disregard the chain store.

Bob

- Collapse -
:(

Oh no! I really like that model you know! I want an all-in-one printer, but that one is the most basic....if i hadn't nosed into HP's website, then I wouldn't have known about it, cos all the places that sell it only said system requirement- Windows XP etc....does having 512MB (standard memory as opposed to my 64MB of video RAM) 60GB and 1.4GHz processor speed help at all??

- Collapse -
Video RAM isn't usually a factor here.

You'll be OK with 512MB...

Bob

- Collapse -
yeh

cool! thanks Bob!

CNET Forums

Forum Info