Just last week I repaired the usual busted laptop power jack and while I was inside the laptop I pulled the heatsink fan unit to add a drop of heatsink compound as well as get all the vents clean. I mean SPOTLESS CLEAN.
The unit no longer overheats.
My laptop was running extremely slow, and it kept overheating even with a cooler under it. I thought the solution was to do a windows restore, but when I started to do it, the laptop overheated in the middle of the restore. My computer doesn't even start now, and every time I try to do to a windows restore my laptop turns off in the middle of the windows restore. Are there any solutions?