Try the choosers at http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19680_102-0.html?threadID=350349&tag=forums06;forum-threads
Then ask again but with it narrowed done.
And a nod to look at the new HP G62T with the HDMI option.
I have a very old Dell Desktop that is on its way out (and has been for some time now). I want to purchase a laptop but I'm not exactly sure what to purchase so I'm not purchasing more than I need in terms of features or vice versa. Here is what I will want to do:
* Surf the web - check emails, websites, etc. (and not have to wait forever for a site to upload, even with other programs open and running - like itunes, picture editing program, etc)
* Download and burn music to disc
* Upload and store personal pictures/videos
* Watch DVD's or online tv shows and connect to my TV while doing so (Yes, my TV is HDMI)
* Wirelessly connect no matter where I take it
* A screen size of around 15" - no smaller but also something that's not too heavy
I would just like something basic that will be quick and easy to use. Speakers aren't essential, however I do listen to music frequently on the computer. I don't travel often...I would mostly be lounging on the couch or in bed with the computer, so I do not want something super heavy. Of course, I also don't want to spend a fortune...more than $600 maybe?
Any feedback/advice would be very helpful! I've been told that Toshiba is the way to go, but I've had very good experience with Dells over the years (the computer I have now is 6 years old).
I appreciate everyone for listening!