HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

Laptop HELP

by grammagrace / May 13, 2006 1:48 AM PDT

Hello, and thanks for reading my post.

I am looking for a good gaming laptop. But I am one for looks too. I am not a fan of box laptops.
What I am looking for:
1. Good Looks. I do not want a box laptop. I like it to have a design, and to look very cool.

2. Gaming Laptop. I do not need an uber gaming laptop. Just one that could run games well, without skipping or 5 minute loading times.

3. Parts. I want at least a 2 GHz Processor, at least 512 mb ram-- and upgradable, and a GOOD video card.

I was looking at the Vigor Gaming Ares laptop at http://www.vigorgaming.com/main/rigs-ares.html
in that same color.

I was also looking at the new Acer Ferrari laptop, but it had so-so reviews from CNet.

Just as an idea of the type i am looking for. I am one for flashy, stylish laptops.

Oh and i almost forgot. I want a laptop because i go overseas every summer, and it is important to have a computer that i can transport there and back.

Thank you.
Please, I am open to all opinions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you heard how much those custom cars cost?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2006 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Laptop HELP

The fact you don't want a boxed laptop means you are willing to deal with higher costs, more maintenance than the rest of us. Here I might look at the new Dell, Toshiba gaming laptops and you want looks and won't care about having to send it back for service now and then.

Cars work about the same. Custom jobs always seem to break down sooner and need more care.

At least you know what you are in for.

Bob

Collapse -
So....
by grammagrace / May 13, 2006 4:22 AM PDT

Well, i am not really up for EXPENSIVE, i am looking at about up to $1700

And yes, i am okay with sending in every now and then.

Thanks

Collapse -
Eat your heart out. . .
by Coryphaeus / May 13, 2006 10:31 AM PDT
In reply to: So....
Collapse -
alienware= MASSIVE LAPTOP
by peter9788 / May 13, 2006 10:34 AM PDT

i'm not sure if u've noticed....but alienwares are not known for being portable and sexy. A lot of my friends have them...they're actually massive...and if you look closely...not very sleek or shiny..
PS: they cost a lot too

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's for Bill, not me.
by Coryphaeus / May 13, 2006 12:24 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.