Question

laptop freezes numerous times / help

I have a HP Laptop windows 7 , Ie 8 dsl

It freezes up for a few secs then starts back up and may continue that or not . what do you think it is

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: laptop freezes numerous times / help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: laptop freezes numerous times / help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Too slim on details.

It could be the owner isn't keeping the vents clean (canned air) to addons, outright infections of the OS to the laptop has a hardware failure.

What do you think it is?
Bob

- Collapse -
freeze

I have no clue

- Collapse -
Re: no clue

Then more about the symptoms please.

"It freezes up for a few secs then starts back up and may continue that or not." surely doesn't tell all you can tell about your issue.

Kees

- Collapse -
I supplied clues.

The items I listed are not only ideas but items you can respond to such as if you use the canned air on a regular basis, if you scan for malware (you should reveal with what) and then supply more clues.
Bob

- Collapse -
laptop

Hey I am not a tech that is why I am here . spray air where ????

all of a sudden I typye in a subject and it stops , then you wait a few secs and it comes up , then I continue on and then it stops for a few secs then contiues on.....

I use malwarebytes ...

- Collapse -
Malwarebytes is not enough.

But first. Canned air and it's use is pretty simple. You power off the machine and given the vents a short burst of air to get the dust out of there. If you feel uncomfortable doing your own work, then use the place you use for repairs.

Grif covers the usual SCANNERS at http://forums.cnet.com/7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421

And then we still need some antivirus. I have yet to tell anyone to use anything specific.

Finally the make, model, age, use of the machine is not in your posts. It's like taking a car in. They note the make, model, age, use (miles) and more. Here you've written so little that I can't offer much.
Bob

CNET Forums