1. MaxVista from http://www.maxivista.com/
2. "Dock"? I haven't seen folk use docks for over a decade as we are pretty wireless except for power.
Just got a new job, and they're giving me a Dell XPS 12 to use at work and remotely. I have an iMac and Macbook at home, so I'm considering getting rid of everything Apple and going with a new PC with dual monitors, and attach a docking station. I need a PC at home so laptop/docking station alone won't work (others use desktop).
1) If desktop is connected to monitors, and I also connect the monitors to docking station, how do I switch monitors for laptop use when I have the laptop connected to docking station?
2) Is there some kind of adapter/switch that would let me switch all the peripherals (keyboard/mouse/monitors) from desktop mode to laptop/docking station?
3) I plan to get a desktop with high end video card (maybe dual)...I know the laptop won't be able to drive the monitors with same resolution as desktop, but will switching from desktop to laptop create any resolution probs or will the monitors just default to laptop's display settings?
Thanks for any advice!