Laptops forum

Tip

Laptop advice..

by Luke_B / November 27, 2012 12:43 AM PST

I am not too sure whether I can get laptop advice here but I need one.

I need a new laptop to take care of my business usage. Which one would be better of the two. This Asus Travel mate 2467 or Asus Travel mate 2450 .
What other choices do I have?

Usage: Adobe CS6, Autocad, Flash.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop advice..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop advice..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nice long battery time laptops.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 12:52 AM PST
In reply to: Laptop advice..

The first has the edge for travel in my view (I won't write a review though.)

You have over a thousand other choices but in this class machine you trade performance for battery time.

Is battery time your goal? And other choices include Ultrabooks.
Bob

Collapse -
battery
by Luke_B / November 28, 2012 5:20 AM PST

Indeed, decent battery time is must.

Ultrabooks? No, I dont quite like the concept of use and throw laptops.

Collapse -
The Utlrabook is well,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 5:40 AM PST
In reply to: battery

Quite nice. Most have long battery times (not to be confused with battery life spans.) They tend to be a slightly better performance and an update from the TimeLine and TimeLineX ideas.

I can only think you haven't used any of them yet.
Bob

Collapse -
Well my brother in law
by orlbuckeye / November 29, 2012 3:47 AM PST

uses CS6 and hre had a desktop that wouldn't run an upgrade because the processor was to slow. The 2450 has the better processor and the 2467 will probably have better battery life. The reason for the battery life is the SSD and the lower power processor. The 2467 has the 320 gb 5400 rpm HD but it has a 64 GB SSD. The 2450 has the 7200 RPM 500 gb HD. The 2467 will boot faster because of the SSD. These laptops are very similar

Collapse -
Check out Eurocom laptops - www.eurocom.com
by HichTech1 / November 30, 2012 10:15 AM PST

Hi,
I just got myself a laptop - Eurocom P370EM Scorpius!!
This laptop is the best ever! It can fit 2 videocards!
Check out the specs:

17.3-inch FHD 1920-by-1080 pixels; Matte or Glossy Surface; LCD LED Display; optional Matte 3D 120Hz
Processor: up to Intel Mobile i7 Core 3920XM Extreme; Intel HM77 Chipset
Graphics Technology: two MXM 3.0b slots; single and dual-VGA operation; CrossfireX and SLI support; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M (4GB DDR5); GTX 675M; GTX 670M; QUADRO K3000M; K5000M (4GB DDR5 ECC) and AMD Radeon HD 7970M; up to 100W per card
Memory: up to 32GB of DDR3-1333/1600; 4 RAM sockets
Storage: 1st and 2nd HDD/SSD (SATA 6Gb/s),3rd HDD/SSD via ODD Bay; 4th mSATA SSD; RAID 0/1/5/10
Card Reader: Built-in 9-in-1 Card Reader
Optical Drive: Blu Ray Burner or DVD-RW or 3rd HDD/SDD
Sound System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 Audio; 2x 2W ONKYO speakers + Subwoofer; External 7.1CH; S/PDIF output; built-in Mic
Keyboard: Backlit keyboard; W/A/S/D Gaming keys
Ports: 1x USB 2.0; 4x USB 3.0 (1x powered); 1x eSATA (USB 2.0 combo); 1x S/PDIF out; 1x Line-in; 1x Headphone; 1x RJ45/LAN; 1x DisplayPort 1.2; 1x HDMI 1.4a out
Battery and Power: 300W AC Adapter 100-250V autoswitching; 600W option (2x 300W) available for maximum O/C and XTU performance; 8-cells high capacity battery (89.21WH)
Weight & Dimensions: 3.5kg (7.7lbs); 419x286x24-49.7mm (16.8x11.4x0.96-1.98inch)

Good luck!

www.eurocom.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?