Laptops forum

Question

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5 or Dell Inspirion 3567

by lilly1112 / April 4, 2018 12:46 PM PDT

Would you recommend Acer Aspire 5 or Dell Inspirion 3567?
Dell specs: i5 7200U, 4GB, SSD 256GB, Radeon M430 (2GB).
Acer specs: Core i5 7200U, 4GB, 1000GB + 128GB SSD, GeForce 940MX.

I know that Acer is supposed to be better in this case, but I'm not really fan of Acers...

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop: Acer Aspire 5 or Dell Inspirion 3567
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop: Acer Aspire 5 or Dell Inspirion 3567
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I hope this is not for gaming.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 4, 2018 2:02 PM PDT
Collapse -
Not for gaming but...
by lilly1112 / April 5, 2018 6:08 AM PDT

Thank you for replying! Happy
It's not for gaming but I need a laptop that can handle AutoCAD, since I need it for university. But I would also like to play sims3 or gta san andreas from time to time.
So, Acer is a better choice?

Collapse -
With the question of which wins over.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 5, 2018 9:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Not for gaming but...

I can only add that Acad and Sims will run. It won't be a good experience as modern Nvidia 1050 GPU laptops but it will run. You will have to wait for AutoCad and for the Sims tone down the settings.

You still have the puny SSD which will be a lesson for you to never do that again. It does work but you have to be alert for every opportunity to use the other HDD.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Acer Aspire 5 or Dell Inspirion 3567
by raisingup / April 5, 2018 12:12 AM PDT

ACER DELL

Display 15.6" (39.62 cm) display, 1920 x 1080 px 15.6" (39.62 cm) display, 1366 x 768 px
Storage 1 TB HDD 1 TB HDD
Processor Intel Core i5 (4th Gen) Processor Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) Processor
Ram 4 GB DDR3 RAM 8 GB DDR4 RAM

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!