There are many posts about such here including water and milk. You did the right thing to disconnect power and pull the battery but wine is still mostly water and it will take much more time to dry than 24 or even 48 hours depending on what quantity reached the interior. There is also a BIOS battery that you might want to consider removing if you can get to it. You should open any access to ventilation. Pull the hard drive and remove memory chip access panels. If possible, remove the keyboard as well. Put the laptop in a warm place..perhaps near a sunny window. Some say use a hair dryer but you really want only moderate heat and don't want to blow the liquid into other nooks and crannies. One problem with wine is that it has sugar and will be sticky. If it gets into cooling fan, this could be a problem. Of course you'll need to clean the keyboard. If it can be removed, I'd have no problem just rinsing it well with distilled water and letting it slowly air dry. It's going to take a bit more patience. Good luck.
I recently spilled a bit of white wine in the keybord of my IBM Thinkpad. Immediately the computer shut down. I took out the battery, drained the Chard and left the computer open for the past 24 hours. I discounnected all plugs.
I tried to turn it on again, but no luck. I was told to wait 48 hours, but wanted to try at the 24 hour mark. Any other suggestions. Will the hard drive be o.k? What are the chanced that the computer is not dead?