HolidayBuyer's Guide

Camcorders forum

General discussion

LANC & A/V Input

by tkhattabaugh / January 26, 2008 10:34 PM PST

Finding a camcorder with LANC control and a A/V input is becoming increasingly more difficult. Does anyone know of an alternative to being able to control the functions externally of a camcorder (wired remote for example) and to input video into a camcorder using USB or other method? I have used Sony camcorders for years and used their LANC port and A/V input so I could use the device as a recorder only. I've really been struggling trying to figure out a better way to do this using the newer digital camcorders. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me directly at kmbis@blueriver.net
Thanks
Todd

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LANC & A/V Input
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LANC & A/V Input
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A certain CCT V application I know of...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2008 12:37 AM PST
In reply to: LANC & A/V Input

Now uses a small microcontroller to emit IR control codes to said camcorders. You are right these are becoming more rare but I see all digital solutions are coming down in price.

Bob

Collapse -
cctv application
by tkhattabaugh / January 27, 2008 4:40 AM PST

Bob
What cctv application are you speaking of?
Thanks

Collapse -
Old schoolbus apps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2008 4:42 AM PST
In reply to: cctv application

What's your apps?

Collapse -
The lower-end cams
by boya84 / January 27, 2008 1:52 AM PST

just don't have all the features any more...

The Sony HDR-HC7 and HC9 have LANC and mic-in jacks. Neither have AV-in.

Most all consumer camcorders come with an infrared remote - but the receiver is at the front of the camcorder, and IR needs to be line-of site.

The Sony HDR-FX1 and FX7 have LANC, mic-in jacks and AV-in. So does the Canon XHA1 and the Panasonic DVX100B and HVX200.

To keep spam at bay, you probably should not post your email address.

Collapse -
thanks
by tkhattabaugh / January 27, 2008 4:14 AM PST
In reply to: The lower-end cams

I didn't think about the spam issue when I posted my email address...thanks though. The Sony DCR-HC96 is the only camcorder left that I can find with LANC and A/V inputs....and it's being replaced in the next month or so. Any other suggestions?

Collapse -
CCTV Guide
by AndyKeith / February 28, 2008 5:50 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.