I think it's a software issue because you reformatted and it still comes up..... I think the cheap onboard LAN needs it's drivers as well as the motherboard. Many gave up since Microsoft doesn't install these drivers for us.
Hope this helps.
I have two computers they are both connected via a Cat5e crossover cable. I use for gaming and internet sharing I noticed in my main PC (emachines 390) I get a message "Limited or no connectivity" in a ballon at the bottom right hand corner of my desktop..... the internet wont work for the other PC, nor will games when I start servers so I poped the ADSL modem in my older one. The internet shared fine. I don't think it's a software issue because I have reformatted and it still comes up..... I think the cheap onboard LAN has gave up...... conclusion!
I think I might need a PCI network card, but in the near future I might be adding more computers I don't fancy the idea of wireless, so is it possable to:
- Share my Wanadoo ADSL boardband connection?
- Run the internet on both computers together?
- Run the internet on one computer, incase I need to reboot one (hoster) insted of one dropping then them all! :@
- Prehaps share a hard disk between all PCs!
- Play games on all/both computers LAN or online!
- Not cost alot
I think that's all really. could someone pick me out a kit of things I'll need? I have a perfect working card in my other PC..... could you make it as cheap as possable I'll be buying from Overclockers.