General discussion

Lack of network connectivity

I have three XP Pro machines hardwired into a network. Two of the machines share disks and folders with no problems. The third machine does not seem to be connected correctly. It shows up in My Network Places. However, when I attempt to access a folder on the machine from another computer I get the message, "Network path could not be found". I believe I have set the sharing permissions correctly because I can get to the folder for the other machine.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tom M
CN5@aol.com

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Lack of network connectivity
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lack of network connectivity
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just tips.

1. NEVER put your email address in the clear.

2. Please use the prior discussions about your topic. Nothing new is in your post so it would be the same discussion "one more time."

Bob

- Collapse -
Quick tips...

Same network name, sharing granted, addresses.....for all?

CNET Forums