General discussion

LA40B650 Internet and DLNA Issues

I guess its welcome to the club as I've seen plenty of this topic around. I will explain my issues and hopefully I missed the resolution in the other threads and someone can be of assistance to me.

My setup
--------
I have a ADSL router (x.x.x.1) with DHCP issuing IPs from x.x.x.10-50. I am running a wireless bridge with one end (x.x.x.3) hard wired to the ADSL router and the other (x.x.x.4) connected, well, wirelessly. The B650 is connected via ethernet to x.x.x.4. Both bridges don't do MAC filtering and both are enabled for DHCP relay to x.x.x.1. The B650 is configured manually x.x.x.5 and there are no IP conflicts on the network.

The wireless bridge is stable with 2ms pings across and no packet losses. I've connected my laptop to x.x.x.4 and have used the home network and Internet with great stability.

OS - Win7 x64
TV Firmware - 2006

Now, lets get to the issues.

Internet@TV
-----------
I am not going to rant about how I only have access to 2 widgets in South Africa as I've already taken that issue up with Samsung SA and they've basically ignored me thus far. What I don't understand is why the TV drops the connection all the time and says there's Network Interference. When I perform network tests is often fails at 'Domain Ping'. Can anyone shed some light on this.

DLNA
----
I am running multiple DLNA servers with very limited success. The most success I've had has been with Twonkey and I've actually managed to watch one movie. I've tried Serviio, PS3 Media Server and of-course Samsung PC Share Manager v2.33. Of all the servers, I've never gotten the Samsung one to work, even with the Firewall completely disabled.

Now I get the others might not be compatible but surely the Samsung one should work. Sometimes it does not even appear in the Source List when the Service is running.

What am I missing? Hope someone can help.

pappadre

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LA40B650 Internet and DLNA Issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LA40B650 Internet and DLNA Issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LA40B650 Internet and DLNA Issues

pappadre,

For the Gateway Ping Failure, there are a few possibilities that could be in play.

Your wireless router could be out of range, or the network traffic might be high, or you're using a slow network speed. Any one of these could be an issue.

For the PC Share Manager, have you set the device policy, and made your files available in the list, right-clicked your shared folders and checked "property" so that the files in the folder could be shared?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Network is fine

Hi,

As per my original post its the 'Domain Ping' which fails. I've tested the network and it works perfectly. If I plug my laptop into the same router as the TV I can access the home network and Internet with no hassles. So even though the Laptop accesses the Internet with no hassle, the TV has an issue.

As for Share Manager, I have set the device policy and shared the files. When I try to access it via the TV menu is says loading and then says Media Play will disconnect.

Another question, once I switch on the TV it takes quite a long time for the DLNA option to appear in the Source Menu. I take this is as result of the TV's networking client needing to kick in. How long is it supposed to take for DLNA to appear in the menu after you switch on the TV?

- Collapse -
Network is fine

pappadre,

The Domain Ping? Make sure IP/Gateway/DNS information is correctly entered into the Samsung Device. The router company can likely tell you the correct information for communicating with the router.

The computer may have a way to go around that, which may explain why it connects.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Correct Network Settings on Device

Hi

I've triple checked the settings on the device and its correct. The same thing happens when I use Auto instead of manual IP settings.

The strange thing is that it works on occasion.

CNET Forums

Forum Info