General discussion

LA32C630K1R: Headphone Jack does not allow sound control

1. When I connect external speaker/headphone to 3.5mm jack, I can not change sound setting (Standard, Movies, Music, Clearvoice). I have no sound control other that volume.

2.Also, If I want to switch back to TV speaker, I have to disconnect from headphone jack physically.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LA32C630K1R: Headphone Jack does not allow sound control
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LA32C630K1R: Headphone Jack does not allow sound control
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LA32C630K1R: Headphone Jack does not allow sound control

staigor,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your set.

By sound control, if you mean audio control, then that is correct. The 3.5mm is an audio output jack for audio receivers.

Since most receivers have an amp, and that's what the output is designed to connect to, the signal is sent without amplification. There isn't a volume control for the 3.5mm audio out unless it states that it's a headphone jack.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Your reply didnt anwser my question.

1. I am using headphone 3.5mm jack to connect creative 2.1 speaker system.
2. I can control from TV as well as speaker system.
3. Once I connect my speakers, I do not have any control over audio settings like Movies, Music, Standard and ClearVoice.
4. To get back to TV speakers, I need to disconnect speaker system physically.

My question:
Is my tv LA32C630K1R designed this way only?

If not,
Do I need to update firmware (Manufactured in May 2010)
Or
I need to file complaint.

- Collapse -
Your reply didnt anwser my question.

staigor,

I can only speak on U.S. products, unfortunately. I believe most of the 32" models have fixed audio ports rather than the variable headphone ports, and it seems to be that way for your set based on what you posted.

But the Samsung customer service center in your region would be able to assist further and confirm for your specific model.

--HDTEch

CNET Forums

Forum Info