Phones forum

General discussion

Kyocera Koi/KX2

by minhnim / November 26, 2004 11:32 PM PST

Just got the KX2 from Verizonwireless. According to the spec, the screen resolutions claimed to be 262k, somehow, it's seem to be more grainy and pixelated compare to other similar screen resolution on other phones. Especially when I use the built in camera, it has a 1.2 mega pixel spec, but the picture is horrible. Is it just me?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kyocera Koi/KX2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kyocera Koi/KX2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Kyocera Koi/KX2
by legend / November 27, 2004 4:59 AM PST
In reply to: Kyocera Koi/KX2

Is this phone out in stores yet.

I really want to take a look at one but have not been able to find it.

Also does anyone know if Verizon is the only carrier or is Alltel going to support this one as well.

Collapse -
by minhnim / November 27, 2004 5:52 AM PST
In reply to: Kyocera Koi/KX2

You can check it out at your local Verizon store, I got my last Wednesday.

Collapse -
by legend / November 27, 2004 8:20 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Kyocera Koi/KX2

I went to two Verizon stores....the one in Best Buy and a stand alone store....neither one of them had it and the stand alone store said Verizon is going to be putting a long testing period on it.

Apparently that is not true if you have seen them in stores....I live in the South East USA so hopefully I will be able to see one soon.

minhnim -- what are you initial impressions of the phone?

Collapse -
by minhnim / November 27, 2004 9:04 AM PST

I had the T720 for two years and I am sick of flip phone, too many out there. This KX2 is a swivel phone, so it's a change for me. Overall, I like it, from lots of features, easy to use, I love the jog dial on the side of the phone, you can even use most of the phone's function while it's closed. Very fast processor, make Web and Get it Now much faster to download, OK speakerphone. The only down part is the screen resolution, a bit grainy and loss of colors. Even though the camera is rated at 1.2 mega pixel, the picture at its highest resolution does not look as good as it should, compare to other phone at lower pixel rating camera. Maybe it's just the display that does not display the picture properly. Other than that, it's a nice phone, got it for $50 after renewing contract and $70 mail in rebate, so I can't complaint much. If you can wait, wait till the LG 8000, or the Audiovox 9900 to come out, perhaps next couple months and see if it has better screen. Hope this help

Collapse -
by legend / November 28, 2004 12:41 AM PST

Thanks for the quick review that does help.

As of right now I do not have any cell phone service and am looking to get with the program and maybe get one. I just saw this phone and it looked pretty neat and I am in need of a new gadget for x-mas.

I will just have to try to find a store that actually has it on display so I can take a look at it. I will try another Verizon store later today and maybe check to see if Alltel has it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?