General discussion

kx-tg155 Panasonic phone

I'm having a weird issue. When using the speaker phone on the base unit on this phone it works fine for about 8 to 10 minutes and then my transmission breaks up so the persons on the other end only here about every other word. I took one phone back and got a second and it does the same thing. If I use the hand held phone speaker phone it works fine just the base unit has the issue. Anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks
Bill

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: kx-tg155 Panasonic phone
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: kx-tg155 Panasonic phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tried another one and it failed also

I went to another store and purchased the same phone phone, see it it was a stock issue, and it did the same thing. I even tried plugging the base unit into another location in my home and the same problem. So it isn't a problem with the phones location. I can't believe it is a U-verse issue since I can take the cordless phone out of the base unit and use the cordless phone speaker phone and it never fails, sitting right next to the base unit, so it sure looks like a base unit issue. I worked with Panasonic tech support two different times and they said it sounds like a defective base unit. I'm stumped.

Looking for feedback from others on similar issues that they may have resolved.

Thanks Bill

- Collapse -
Re: defective base unit

Why be stumped about defective hardware? It happens.

Kees

CNET Forums