Cameras forum

General discussion

KONICA MINOLTA 5.0MP DIGITAL CAMERA

by harley-d / June 27, 2005 3:29 AM PDT

I just bought this camera to replace the The PHOTAX DC4681 that I purchased earlier, but was advised by the fine folks on this forum that it was basicly a low quality unit. Now, I am disabled and spend a lot of time driving around on my mobility scooter day and night. In yor opinion folks will this camera give me a good point and shoot day and night without to much fuss. Any suggestions on the settings to keep it basic but still get good shots. Please reply your help is very valuable for me.
Thank You

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: KONICA MINOLTA 5.0MP DIGITAL CAMERA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: KONICA MINOLTA 5.0MP DIGITAL CAMERA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Konica Minolta 5 MP Digital Camera
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 27, 2005 6:34 AM PDT

Harley....you failed to tell us what 5 megapixel camera you bought.

Konical Minolta makes five 5 megaixel cameras.
Here are the five models I am aware of:
X50
E50
Z20
Z5
X60

We need a model number.

Collapse -
so sorry, this is the model number
by harley-d / June 27, 2005 9:30 AM PDT

Sorry about not giving you the model number, it is a Konica Minolta DiMAGE E500 5.0MP digital camera.

Collapse -
Konica Minolta E500
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 27, 2005 10:02 AM PDT

Are you sure about that model number.

I can find a G500 but am yet to find a E500.

Collapse -
Yes E500
by harley-d / June 27, 2005 11:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Konica Minolta E500

Yes it is a E500, it was released in Canada a few weeks ago, when I do a "GOOGLE" search on it I get a few sites U.S that sell them, but no reviews. I wanted your opinion on it, since from my previous reply gives you a idea of my condition and in what setting I will be taking pictures, electric wheelchair or a mobility device like my custom, twinn engined racked out, high performance scooter(you only live once,nothing stands in your way) EXCEPT A GOOD PERFORMING DIGITAL CAMERA WITH SIMPLE SETTINGS}
Thanks for your kind support

Collapse -
E500 lives
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 27, 2005 1:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes E500

I think I figured it out.

The E stands for Europe - which means it is available everywhere except in the USA.
If any dealer has it in the USA, it is probably grey market.

The E50 was announced in January of 2005, and was Europe only.

The E500 is a E50 in a new case.
They both have the same lens, sensor, and processor.
The E500 has a smaller (2.0 inch) LCD but with better resolution. It also has USB-2 while the E50 was USB-1.

The thin Konica Minolta cameras that are marketed in the USA all use the folded lens design. The E50/E500 uses the same lens setup as the Canon SD series.
This design is less trouble prone and probably less expensive to manufacture.

I found all of the specifications. It looks like a good camera and will be easy for you to take with you.

I have an older Canon camera (S230) which is about that size and I carry it in a cell phone holster. No one pays any attention to it, as they assume that it is a cell phone.

It is too soon for any reviews, but it is likely to show up from a reviewer in the UK or Australia.
It will not be reviewed in the USA.

You can't help but wonder why they did not release The E500 in the USA.

I ran across a 4 megapixel Konica Minolta (the 5W) which is only available in Japan.

Enjoy the new camera.

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply
by harley-d / June 28, 2005 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: E500 lives

Thank you I just wanted to make sure that I had not done the same mistake as when I purchased my previous camera which you gave me good information that it was a over rated camera and not a very good one at that. I hope this one will be much better. If you get any feedback on it could you be so kind as to let me know.
THANK YOU

Collapse -
konica minolta E500
by dbr / July 2, 2005 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for the reply

I believe the prior info. was incorrect. This model is available in the USA, by reputable dealers such as Wolf Camera, as others with net sites. I recently purchased one for my son's vacation---feedback pending. dbr

Collapse -
First use
by harley-d / July 2, 2005 11:40 AM PDT
In reply to: konica minolta E500

Well, I finally got to try my Dimage E500 by konica-minolta. The pics are incredible. Clear, crisp, vibrant colours easy point and shoot if you do not want to play with all the settings, great nightime pics, large 2"viewer.Great optical(3X and digital(4X)zoom. I only used the optical zoom for my pics, aside from that, I kept everything else on auto mode. I am very impressed with this camera.
Thanks

Collapse -
dimage e500
by harley-d / October 17, 2005 9:35 AM PDT
In reply to: konica minolta E500

Hi, just wondering how you are making out with your dimage e-500. Any pointers for a beginer. I am having a hard time with night time pics in the auto point and shoot mode, how is it working out for you. Overall in auto mode how do your daytime pictures turn out.
thank you

Collapse -
Just bought one too!
by IN-SU / November 2, 2005 4:55 AM PST
In reply to: dimage e500

Hi, my husband and me just bought the dimage e500 today. We decided the canon SLR is just too bulky now (after 7 years!!)

I bought this camera for USD 202 - with FREE 256MB sd card.

This is my 1st day but I'm already in LOVE with the video mode! (I nearly bought an Olympus with video - but NO audio features--yikes!) This one nicely captured my son playing at the McDonald play area Happy We playback at the TV - the colors are vibrant and it look great on my TV. And the still images are alrite too. No complaints. Its not the camera - its the photographer! Wink

For that kind of money - this model definately cost saving. But I'm taking notes too on how it can handle the low lite situation. So, we'll see how it goes - maybe we can share some tips.

Collapse -
YOUR DIMAGE
by harley-d / June 4, 2006 10:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Just bought one too!

Hi, just wondering how you are doing with your DIMAGE e500. I am getting a good average of well captured Daylight pics, not as well with the nightime and micro mode. I have to agree with you, it is not the camerae but the photographer. If you have the time, could you share some tips with me.
I would be most gratefull.
Thank You

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?