Cameras forum

General discussion

Kodak Z1015 IS: Change video setting to MPEG-4 (from QT)?

by fieldofstones / December 27, 2009 6:37 AM PST

The product summaries all say that Quicktime and MPEG-4 formats are available for video on the Z1015 IS. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change from Quicktime to MPEG-4 in the camera's settings. Can someone tell me how to change it to MPEG-4?

What I want to do is save the videos onto a USB flash drive and view them on my Blu-ray player. But my Blu-ray player seems to not be able to read .MOV files because it says "0 files on disc." In the user's manual, there is a screenshot that says .AVI.

I've contacted Kodak with no response (yet).

Thanks for any help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kodak Z1015 IS: Change video setting to MPEG-4 (from QT)?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kodak Z1015 IS: Change video setting to MPEG-4 (from QT)?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Kodak Z1015IS
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 10:50 AM PST
Collapse -
Kodak Z1015 IS: MPEG-4
by fieldofstones / December 27, 2009 4:59 PM PST
In reply to: Kodak Z1015IS

Sheesh, looking at the Kodak website (the store to be exact), the exact text reads: "Quicktime, MPEG-4" which I assumed to be two separate formats. Thanks.

So what kind of HDTV can read MPEG-4 files in HD? Mine certainly can't. The promotions all state that you can view your HD-videos on your HDTVs.

Should I have gotten an HD camcorder instead with HDMI? (Costs more, obviously.)

Collapse -
Confusing for sure
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 11:37 PM PST
In reply to: Kodak Z1015 IS: MPEG-4

Quicktime MPEG4 is an Apple product which means it is proprietary.
It plays on Quicktime software and you have to pay for the Pro version.

So I doubt that the MOV file can be played directly on any HDTV.

The Kodak promotions that state you can view your HD-videos on your HD-TV are short on information.

Most HD digital cameras can connect video directly to a HD-TV (via HDMI or Component connectors), but you will need a special cable or cradle for the camera.
Which Kodak will gladly sell to you.
Most of these special cables and/or cradles are priced near $100.
You should find the special cable and/or cradle listed as an accessory for your camera.

Regarding Quicktime MPEG4:

Here is a link that tries to explain it.
I must admit, it flew right over my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?