General discussion

Kodak Camera EasyShare z740 Turns off by itself - Why?

it usually happens after taking 2-3 pics in a row. using the zoom even shortens this interval. the batteries are new and there's no other apparent problem. when the batteries are completely new it takes a bit longer to do so. but after a very short use this pathology begins again Happy anyone's familiar with this?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Kodak Camera EasyShare z740 Turns off by itself - Why?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Kodak Camera EasyShare z740 Turns off by itself - Why?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Z740

It sounds like you are using Alkaline Batteries.

Under the best of conditions you will only get about 30 photos before they expire with that camera.

I suggest you buy some NiMH rechargeable AA batteries and a charger.
They will last much longer before needing a recharge.
The Kodak "Pre-Charged" NiMH batteries are a good choice.

- Collapse -
Kodak turning off

I just received a "refurbished" replacement for an M1063 which was killing the battery in less that a week when OFF. It has a 720 mAh battery but was drawing 4.5 milliamps when OFF. I sent it in 4 times since November to get this battery drain fixed. I sent a picture of my amp meter the 3rd and 4th time showing the reading but it came back the same way... draining the battery. In fact it was dead in the box when the camera came back from service.

Kodak finally relented and sent the replacement M1063 as a "goodwill" replacement which sounds like they were doing me a favor(?). But this camera has the annoying problem of turning off right after it is turned on. It doesn't do it every time but maybe half the time. I think I will keep it, though, because I'm just too worn down from dealing with Kodak about getting the other camera fixed. All this effort for $130 camera. At least it isn't stone dead like the other one when I go to use it for that "Kodak" moment.

- Collapse -
}{

dude seriously Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info