Cameras forum

General discussion

Kodak Battery Problems

by Creol_Buay / August 23, 2006 3:26 PM PDT

I have a Kodak EasyShare CX6230 that I bought for my wife about a year ago. Everything works fine except that I can't get the kodak battery or any other batteries for that matter to power it up. I have left it plugged in for several days to see if the kodak battery would charge,but nothing. I called kodak and they said they can't figure it out, took it to a camera store and they can't figure it out either. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance to whomever replies.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kodak Battery Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kodak Battery Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I noticed on my z760 that...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 10:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Kodak Battery Problems

If the lens cap is in place it may detect a jam and not power up. It will however light up and then power off.

You didn't offer such a detail but maybe by me telling you this you'll notice it.

Bob

Collapse -
Kodak CX6230
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 24, 2006 12:43 AM PDT

That camera was introduced over three years ago, and went out of production about two years ago.
Since you bought it a year ago, I can't help but wonder where it has been all this time.

Anyway.....Buy some new Alkaline AA batteries and try them in the camera. They have more voltage than the rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. They should provide more power (for a short time). If that works, let us know.

If that does not work, don't consider having it repaired. A 2 megapixel camera has little value these days.

Collapse -
update.....
by Creol_Buay / August 24, 2006 2:04 PM PDT

Actually I tried the alkaline batteries and it does not work as well the camera does not have a lens cap. Forgot to mention that when I plug it to the base it starts up fine, I can browse the memory, print, download to my pc and all the other stuff it usually does.

I guess I'm stuck and have to replace it with a new one.

Collapse -
Just fixed my nephew's camera.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2006 12:20 AM PDT
In reply to: update.....

They had left some batteries in it and they leaked. The contacts had that battery poo on the surface so some cleanup was needed.

I can't see your camera's contacts but share the story.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.