Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Knocking on Heaven's door

by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 28, 2005 10:23 AM PST

I just finished cinegraphically putting together the original song by Charlie Thunell and I posted here sometime ago.

Knocking on Heaven's door Video in Windows Media Player

About the making

It's an experiment Wink

cl

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Knocking on Heaven's door
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Knocking on Heaven's door
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It says we don't have permission.
by Jerry562 / March 28, 2005 6:32 PM PST
Collapse -
Did you knock?
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 28, 2005 10:11 PM PST

Ask and you shall recieve an answer. (Negative and Positive criticism).

Seek and you shall find the answers are not hidden.(google)

Knock and the door will be opened. Dont just stand and look but take a step and bang on the door harder. (Perserverance pays off or remain exiled for disorderly conduct.)

Eventually, someone will know you're there. (Cordial and Mean People differ in responses, while those silenced lives in fear).

Knocking on heaven's door can be a very disappointing intent for the underserving. The door usually has a sign that says, "DoS"

While Hell says, "Welcome to the Real World". A place where everyone (no exception) have lived and died for a moment or forever.

Those who are tired of the "Burning Pain" will eventually take a number and "Knock on heaven's door". ("Taking chances, it does not hurt", - Blaise Pascal)

CL

Collapse -
don't let the door hit you on the way out
by jonah jones / March 28, 2005 11:30 PM PST
In reply to: Did you knock?

BTW.....he meant

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /users/c/ChorusLineA1QMS/files/ctclknockingonheavensdoor.wmv on this server.

Collapse -
Did you wish to share something with us?
by MarciaB / March 28, 2005 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: Did you knock?

or is this just some sort of cryptic fun and games thing?

Collapse -
ummmmmmmmm
by jonah jones / March 28, 2005 11:31 PM PST

think karioke+mediocre=kariocre...

Collapse -
In the beginning I thought...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 28, 2005 11:53 PM PST

...you're response was a joke of the title. And hence, friends I sent this link to has made no mention of denied access, if you are unable to for some reason -- My apology, nevertheless my response was a view in conjunction similar to Biblical quote and something I was taught of -- Knock and asked.

Again, apology for the mix-up.

The main content page of the movie clip is this url http://zed.cbc.ca/go?c=contentPage&CONTENT_ID=233720 in which you can click on the icon where it says... "WATCH" or click on the tab where it says, "Collaboration"

If you still can't access -- I have no idea.

CL

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Did you mean "intertwined"?
by Cindi Haynes / March 29, 2005 1:43 AM PST
Collapse -
Thank you so much...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 2:01 AM PST

...for proof reading my text.

I will work on the modification.

Appreciate it, thanks.

CL

Collapse -
Didn't mean to be critical!
by Cindi Haynes / March 29, 2005 2:18 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you so much...

I just thought you'd wanna know. I appreciate your talent, I sometimes wish I was more creative. Happy

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Your criticism was very helpful...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 2:48 AM PST

...because it gives me an opportunty to improve myself. I reviewed my work many times, did not rush either, and yet there goes the error.

It's nice to be corrected in this manner. Thank you thank you...Indeed, no man is an island alone

CL
just now leaving the building to fix the error Happy

Collapse -
Improved thyself
by Evie / March 29, 2005 8:11 AM PST

Yeah. Me think she not try enough hard too corecct speellings.

A perfectionist is rarely a perfectionist in only one related concept. Might want to work on improving yourself through consistency in expressing yourself then. One time = perfect English, next time = tortured attempt at broken English.

Collapse -
Thank you for sharing your thoughts...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 10:43 AM PST
In reply to: Improved thyself

Here's a short fictional story behind the graphic image that I painted of the Featherhead Fairy in which I've already sold 1 blown up size and framed copies at $350.00 USA.

I am sure you will find quite a bit of grammar and spelling errors as you read the story if you care to indulge in your cri-ticking style.

Enjoy. Happy

CL

Collapse -
I'm impressed!
by xerpor / March 28, 2005 11:47 PM PST

Very nicely done movie, CL. So this is how your imaginations works and makes your talent flow, a bit of a song?

BTW, the first link doesn't work but the second one does. At ZED I had to click on Veiw at the top to see the video.

I'm a bit envious now, how does one get a chance to sing with you?

Happy

Collapse -
Thank you once again...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: I'm impressed!

You've always been encouraging and polite since I've joined this forum that includes most here but limited to a few I find quite amusing and entertaining. Perhaps it is that, which attracts me the most.

As far as imagination, Albert Einstein himself was full of imagination. He even quoted, "Imagination is better than knowledge". He did not elaborately explained this quote for me to fully understand what he meant nevertheless, I'll agree to take the *imagination* and the *better* is left for interpretations.

Perhaps I can say that my imaginations are more vivid now than 20 some years ago. I suppose a lot of these are due to the challenges and experiences that come along as a passer-by.

Thank you for cordially explaining in details and notifying me that the first link didn't work. It helps to accomplish a clear sense of understanding. Speaking of which, it must be a hell of a job for tech support help desk people to deal with inquiries and other problems that aroused from customer's complaints.

Generally speaking and I hope you do not misunderstand my intent about my idea of "envy". There's only two of a kind that I can picture from this emotions. The negative envy is self destructing while the positive envy delivers good results. It's the kind of envy that motivates you to say, think, and ambitiously implement the intent, "If others can do it, why can't I?" which pretty much sum up what I've written, "Did you knock?", an additional thought I've added to the content page of the "Stop Movie" clip.

I'm a bit envious now, how does one get a chance to sing with you? Posted by: xerpor

Enthusiasm, I like that. I'd be more than glad to give you free online tutorials on "how to". Email me from the site and perhaps we can collaborate to work on a project. Happy

Thanks again.
CL

Collapse -
You obviously have creative talent...I do not
by Steven Haninger / March 29, 2005 1:54 AM PST

I hate when that happens! Nice job.:)

Collapse -
I bet you, 99.9999%
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 2:53 AM PST

...that you do have similar talents. I am sure of that. Wink

Thank you Steven H.

CL

Collapse -
My best artwork
by Steven Haninger / March 29, 2005 4:01 AM PST
In reply to: I bet you, 99.9999%

is the brown sugar swirls in my morning oatmeal.:)

Collapse -
Original song by WHO?
by Josh K / March 29, 2005 3:27 AM PST

Please tell me you know who wrote that song.

Collapse -
According to information gathered
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 8:09 AM PST
In reply to: Original song by WHO?

both offline and online, it was Bob Dylan who wrote the song. It never occurred to me to ask Charlie since he knows more about Bob Dylan than me. I might do just that.

Prior to responding to your post, I again, did further search and to my satisfaction, it's still Bob Dylan.

Speculating from my end, the tone of your question, it appears you may know something I do not. In which case, if you do, can you provide me at least 3 or 4 references that indicate differently to satisfy my curiosity and make appropriate changes if necessary.

Thanks.

CL

Collapse -
just one reference methinks
by jonah jones / March 29, 2005 10:43 AM PST

the way it was written, you made it seem that the song was charleys...

btw, this --> "Knocking on heaven's door" w(h)ere faith and friendship intertwine(d) but justice is(was) blind is a little confusing...

jonah "just trying to help for a change" jones

Collapse -
Yup
by Josh K / March 29, 2005 10:36 PM PST

CL wrote "the original song by Charlie Thunell."

It's a Dylan song.

Collapse -
charleys song
by Tibbs / March 30, 2005 1:44 AM PST
Collapse -
just a couple of pointers
by jonah jones / March 30, 2005 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: charleys song

1. in the original text, cl said "charleys song"
2. josh said 'scuse?
3. cl said can you provide me at least 3 or 4 references that indicate differently to satisfy my curiosity and make appropriate changes if necessary
4. i said just the one reference"
5. cl did change the wording
6. the only person "keeping this goin'" is you...

Collapse -
by Tibbs / March 30, 2005 2:21 AM PST

Number three of your pointers is taken out of context. Prior to that statement CL also mentioned the following:

"According to information gathered both offline and online, it was Bob Dylan who wrote the song. It never occurred to me to ask Charlie since he knows more about Bob Dylan than me. I might do just that.

Prior to responding to your post, I again, did further search and to my satisfaction, it's still Bob Dylan."

Did you comprehend that the first time you read it? I certainly did and I think most of those who have read it did too.

And that's the end from my end regarding this topic!

Have a good day.

Collapse -
Alteration?
by Josh K / March 30, 2005 2:20 AM PST
In reply to: charleys song

What did I alter? I quoted CL accurately, before the matter was cleared up.

Collapse -
You didn't alter anything Josh! Sorry! May fault.
by Tibbs / March 30, 2005 2:26 AM PST
In reply to: Alteration?

I'm sorry. I meant to say correction. My fault on that one! Busy at work and distracted is the only explanation I have.

Glad to see that you found it cleared up too though. jj didn't apparently.

Collapse -
'scuse?
by jonah jones / March 30, 2005 2:41 AM PST

cl asked for a reference?
i gave her one

and FYI, i know who wrote the song, and would never imply (even mmistakenly) that it was "someones song"....

Collapse -
Very Good CL, Sounds Great..
by Rolway / March 29, 2005 3:40 AM PST

Useing the collaboration tab and primary media file, got it to play. Happy

George

Collapse -
Thank You George.
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 6:48 AM PST

Also belated Happy Birthday and may you have many more to come.

Thanks for letting me know it works.

CL

Collapse -
For clarification...*original * word used in question...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / March 29, 2005 11:35 PM PST
...prompted by a rather vague question to which I responded somewhat puzzled myself as to the nature of the inquiry.

Original song posted here meant --- the experimental incomplete song posted here as at SE. Follow the link for the perusal of the inquiry minds. With this to say, following links does not indicate claimant to original song. Clearly those who responded, understood what was going on. Wink

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=28312&messageID=379742

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=28312&messageID=379758

In anycase, to further satisfy puzzled minds, appropriate credit to Bob Dylan as the songwriter of the song is indicated in the movie clip and my response to the inquiry mind from first link above.

CL

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!