HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Klipsch Vs. Polk

by DistillerAFI / January 21, 2006 8:49 AM PST

Does anyone have any thoughts on comparing the Klipsch Cinema 10 system to the Polk MR6900 or MR20. This is what ive narrowed my search down for a small system that sounds big and can fill a big room. any thoughts would be helpful. thanx jon

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Klipsch Vs. Polk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Klipsch Vs. Polk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd highly recommend either.
by Riverledge / January 21, 2006 9:41 AM PST
In reply to: Klipsch Vs. Polk

AUDITION each speaker with your own favourite material
CDs or DVDs. Go with your ears.
However, listening rooms are rarely like your home;
be sure you can return whatever system you choose if
it doesn't meet YOUR home situation. Good listening.

river.

Collapse -
I Second What River Said....Either One Is Superb.....
by Psych Doc / January 21, 2006 12:33 PM PST

...Go and listen and let your ears guide you. Watch out though for the "wowie-zowie" appeal of any speaker in a showroom. Overly etched treble or thumpy bass will have you bleeding from the ears on a day in, day out basis. Go for natural sound, especially in the midrange, that's where 95% of your frequencies are going to be.

Collapse -
Klipsch Vs. Polk
by jcrobso / January 24, 2006 11:38 PM PST

I wish the people who are thinking about Bo$e would read your post. Excellent choices, you may just have to flip a coin. Maybe take some music CDs and just listen to music might help. John

Collapse -
Decision
by DistillerAFI / January 25, 2006 12:34 AM PST

Actually i have decided to order Orb speakers from orb audio, im goin with the mod2 package, 5.1, with the sub, if anyone has any suggestions give me some feedback

Collapse -
I'm not familiar with ORBs. Only seen the name in passing...
by Riverledge / January 25, 2006 11:56 AM PST
In reply to: Decision

How did you happen upon these speakers?

river.

Collapse -
Someone Posted Something About Them Here In This Forum
by Psych Doc / January 26, 2006 1:52 AM PST

...Unless I heard them in carefully controlled conditions I wouldn't get near them.

A totally unknown quantity.

With Polk or Klipsch you know you're getting quality.

Collapse -
CRAZY DOCTOR I DID STEWART
by stewart norrie / January 26, 2006 2:01 AM PST

i HAVENT HEARD orb SPEAKERS but they sure ugly (little black basketballs) shape O well if there great speakers you could put a little curtian in fron of them so you dont have to see them ha ha and as far as Klipsh etc speakers go ya there awsome I have as you know an Atlantic Technology 5.1 system I also believe when you spend over $3000 for speakers your going to have a lifetime of injoymenthave a nice day

Collapse -
I've heard ORB
by Dan Filice / January 26, 2006 3:10 AM PST

A small independent Home Theater shop from which I bought a lot of HT stuff (and unfortunately went under) had the ORB speaker setup. They were really nice, but my concern was whether they would do a good job of filling a room that didn't have an enclosed smallish area. The listening room where I heard ORBs had 4 equal walls and the room was maybe 12 X 12. My HT environment at home has an open wall area and is quite a bit larger than the HT listening room, so I opted for larger speakers to help fill the void. Hopefully the ORBs will work great, and hopefully you can trade-up if they don't quite do the job. As other posters here have stated, the home environment will be different than a listening room built to showoff HT speakers.

Collapse -
what i did
by DistillerAFI / January 26, 2006 11:35 AM PST
In reply to: I've heard ORB

well i called orb and ordered the mod2 surround system with super 8 sub. this retails for about 1100. a very good value from what ive read on the net. Dan, u did hear the orb speakers, thats odd, ive only heard that u have to order them to hear them unless u live in LA or NYC, thats where there based out of. so maybe u heard Gallos or something. if u did hear orbs were they the MOd1s or mod2s. anyway im pairing this with my pioneer vsx-815 receiver. should sound sweet. plus the wife likes the looks so they should work with her. oh and by the way its a no risk situation 30 day free trial at home, u cant beat at least trying them out. www.orbaudio.com
later,Jon

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.