Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

KISS

by taboma. / May 3, 2005 2:38 PM PDT

Have you ever received a post to a problem you have that was so long and not to the point?
I like the term KISS! ?Keep It Simple Stupid.? What that really means is that it so simple, anyone can follow your instructions, graphic design set-up or anything you can think of.
Not overly technical and to the point.

Recently, I had a question posted to Windows 95 & 98, that dealt with why is Windows looking for Norton after I have already deleated Norton?
I asked Kees Baker and Toni (Our Moderator) for help, and to please Keep It Simple Stupid for me to understand, since I am not a wizard with Windows.
Kees suggested that Toni gave me the info and what to do. Toni posted to my question.
So simple and direct to the point. KISS!

Thanks to all the Moderators out there! :

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: KISS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: KISS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Glad you got a Kiss reply
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 3, 2005 9:01 PM PDT
In reply to: KISS

but it is not always that easy.

Some of the problems people post may need several steps or processes to sort them out, and it is always tempting to post a reply that covers every eventuality rather than one that gives a one step process, then wait for a response, then another step, and so on. By the very nature of Windows such "all encompassing" replies can tend to be long.

But you're right of course. Wherever possible, keep it simple is much preferred.

Mark

Collapse -
KISS
by taboma. / May 4, 2005 3:16 PM PDT

Mark,Thanks for the reply. Simple is really nice to receceive unless I had a whole slew of other problems.
Which I may have. Not right now, though.

Kevin

Collapse -
I usually get to sit on both sides of the fence
by TONI H / May 3, 2005 9:02 PM PDT
In reply to: KISS

I love detailed answers that give step by steps....because I remember as a newbie I didn't understand the terminology well enough to grasp what I needed to do. When I asked a lot of questions when I first arrived in these forums about 10 years ago, and members were wonderful when I told them to explain it to me as if I was a five year old.......and they walked me through everything time and time again until the light bulb went on and I finally 'got it'.

Some members believe in the philosophy that you only learn by doing....including reading and researching pretty much on your own and give you only enough information (usually in the form of a link) to send you on your way. In some ways that's a good thing....but again, if you already don't understand the concept of what you need to do, the light bulb stays dim while you try to grasp what you're reading.

I usually try to give complete instructions...but in newbie words as much as possible, so the light bulb turns on a little quicker. When I provide a link, I try to make it as self explanatory as I can and give a link directly to resolving the problem or a link to a file description that I'm recommending so the person 'gets it' a little quicker by understanding what the file will do.

I just keep remembering what it was like to be the newbie and by putting myself in their place, it's easy for me to relate to 'panic' situations. Technology is a wonderful thing....but nobody becomes an immediate expert at computers just because they brought one home and hooked it up. Even our members here have to keep keeping up with new technology so, in a sense, we are all still newbies....we're just newbies with an edge passing it along where we can.

Now.....if I could just figure out how to write programs, I would have the ideal world because I would write the ones I personally want and need that do exactly what they are supposed to. Usually, on the net, I will find a couple of similar programs, each with an additional feature or two that the other doesn't have, and then need both of them to get the job done where one program that does it all would be great. lol

TONI

Collapse -
Back to KISS
by taboma. / May 4, 2005 3:47 PM PDT

Toni, I really would want a detailed step by step if I were a newbe. I am not. I am just sleeping.
That step-by-step help would be wonderful. When I contacted you before and the info given by you was really to the point of what I really needed. Since I had not been on Windows for a few years, your post was just what I needed and to the point. Kind of a wake up call for me! Get my brain functioning on PC and what to do. Thanks!

Personnaly, I do not like URL links. I want solutions instantly or a call back from the Moderators IF THEY HAVE THE TIME. Where the heck do the Moderators get the time!!

Concerning being able to program, ask Bob Proffitt. Bob is a programmer and a Moderator. Wonderful Moderator. Plus the fact Bob rairly sleeps!! :

Collapse -
Bob....
by TONI H / May 4, 2005 9:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Back to KISS

Very knowledgeable, agreed. He's also one of the types who expects you to do your own homework. LOL I have no problem with that for people who actually know enough to know where to begin..unfortunately most newbies don't and that's the spot I find myself feeling empathy with.

I didn't even know how to use a forum until I got here....those were the days when everybody's email addresses showed up by default, and some of the members actually emailed me to let me know how the forums worked with being able to read replies and answer back. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have known how to even get the answers to questions I had been asking. Patience of Job for those members and Moderators when dealing with THIS newbie....lol

And they also believed in the KISS theory.....while they waited for my lightbulb to turn on and began to figure things out on my own.

But.....I still rely on these forums on a personal level when I need info. I know how to use a basic google search, but never did comprehend boolean enough to use it successfully. I envy those who dig out the information they find and post.......

TONI

Collapse -
Bob revisited
by taboma. / May 26, 2005 3:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Bob....

Toni, Sorry not to respond to your post for a while. I was on a fourteen day tour of Turkey and I came back to the U.S. Wednesday the 18th of May. Jet lag for a week until I found this post from you tonight.
Wish that CNET Forums had images to download to other members. We have to do it by posting to each other privately. Some really nice stuff from members.

Thanks for your posts. Wondeful!
Did another kind of KISS post to the Graphic Forum yesterday on a tip for converting black and white bitmap images to color. I kept it as simple as I ever could. Check it out for me and please respond back with your comments. Who knew that Windows 95/98 forum would produce so many interesting thoughts.
Thank you Toni.

Kevin

Collapse -
re download images
by jonah jones / May 26, 2005 6:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Bob revisited
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.