HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

kindly help my pc wont start

by levihalos / October 10, 2005 1:19 AM PDT

my pc wont start, all it does is make error sounds (bleeping), i noticed before this thing happened, something funny happened to my desktop icons. after i have shutdown and rebooted, my pc wont start anymore. even the monitor wont start, the led indicator in my monitor just blinks in orange (rather than the usual steady green light when it is turned on). i cant even access the bios because all it shows is a blank screen and a repeating bleeping sound. anyone have any ideas how i can solve this problem? thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: kindly help my pc wont start
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: kindly help my pc wont start
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re the bleeping [beeping] sounds
by Ray Harinec / October 10, 2005 1:41 AM PDT

That is usually an indication of a hardware failure.

The pattern of the beeps is intended to indicat e which hardware.

If you get not monitor display of any type, the first thing to try [with the power OFF, including unplugging the power supply to remove the 5 volt standby voltage] then remove the video card and plug it back in.

Another beep could be loss of memory [RAM].

Your mobo manual may give the beep codes [what beep pattern = what hardware problem] or a visit to the website of the mobo mfr should provide them.

Collapse -
thanks ray...
by levihalos / October 10, 2005 5:00 PM PDT

now that you have mentioned it, the bleeping sound kinda have a pattern. ill try to unplug the video card and the memory. can you please give me the link of the mobo mfr? thank you again.

Collapse -
hey ray it worked!
by levihalos / October 10, 2005 6:02 PM PDT

i did what you told me to do and it worked, my pc now works fine. thanks a lot, im now including you in my list of great, dependable pc Gods! Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.