General discussion

Keyscrambler

Hi,

wanted to know if adding Keyscrambler to the normal security applications of antivirus/firewall/antimalaware is useful or not.

how good or how dangerous is keyscrambler and as it is supposed to hide ur keystrokes is it worth it or could it be potentially dangerous

thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Keyscrambler
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Keyscrambler
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nah.

The usual exploits do not depend on such keyloggers and so not much gain in security.

Your average user could benefit from simple things like not clicking on web links in emails to taking Grif's advice at:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6121_102-378815.html
Bob

- Collapse -
It is up to you

It is really up to you. It is not a required program. I do not know if you get anything extra as far as security goes.

I do use it however I am using for "fun" as I can see what I typed is 'encrypted' to. It looks like a little kid typing random stuff in notepad. each letter is changed to a random letter that is not the one you typed.

This will not help you if you type your credit card info on a fake anti-malware site. So you will have to be careful on the site you are typing on. Also the sites you go to. You are your own worst security threat.

- Collapse -
thanx

thanx for the reply

CNET Forums

Forum Info