Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Keyboard symbol shortcut in OneNote 2003 SP1

by sinclair--2008 / April 10, 2005 10:51 PM PDT

I often need to write in swedish and unlike in Word 2003 when it comes to insert, for instance, the symbol "

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Keyboard symbol shortcut in OneNote 2003 SP1
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Keyboard symbol shortcut in OneNote 2003 SP1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Workaround?
by Kees Bakker / April 11, 2005 5:37 AM PDT

As far as I know, using alt-code keys is a rather low level windows facility, that should work in all programs. In some languages, I think, the NumLock indicator should be on, but that's all. I'm amazed by what you tell. But I don;t have OneNote 2003, so I can't help you here.

A workaround might be to have a small Notepad window open to type the note, than cut and paste. Or buy a Swedish keyboard. Or Start>Run>charmap to select those characters, but that's clumsy.

Kees

Collapse -
Workaround
by sinclair--2008 / April 11, 2005 9:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Workaround?

Hi Kees,

I am glad you did respond to my post even if you don?t have OneNote 2003. That?s very kind of you. However I just learnt from Logitech here in Milan they were aware about the diNovo keypad software issue and taught me the workaround which is as follows: While holding down Alt >just press Ctrl > insert code> release Alt> enter. And that does it.

Best regards.

Lino.

Collapse -
Re: workaround
by Kees Bakker / April 12, 2005 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Workaround

Lino,

I don't have a Logitech Italian diNovo keypad. And you didn't tell you had, so it would have been nearly impossible to guess this issue.
It seems an issue indeed that you need to press CTRL (once) to get the job done in OneNote 2003. Strange.

Thanks for giving the feedback.

Kees

Collapse -
Workaround
by sinclair--2008 / April 13, 2005 1:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: workaround

Kees,

You're right. I should have told that in the first place. Yes, it's kind of strange the workaround. Hadn't it been for its sleek design and the bluetooth I wouldn't have shelled out

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.