Computer Help forum

General discussion

Keyboard shortcut buttons...

by odoyle / March 14, 2007 3:33 PM PDT

I have a question about the shortcut buttons on my notebook keyboard.

My notebook is a Toshiba Satellite A100 and it has these shortcut buttons on the left side, including a internet/media player button, play/pause, stop, and skip forward & back buttons(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=6267 Half way down screen). All of these buttons worked, but now only the internet/media player one works.

Does anyone know how to get them to work again? Also, is it possible to sync these buttons with another audio player, say... Itunes??

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Keyboard shortcut buttons...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Keyboard shortcut buttons...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have You?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 15, 2007 1:09 AM PDT

...Like many, have you disabled any "Services" or UNCHECKED any items in "msconfig". The Hotkeys keyboard is usually present in "msconfig". If you've unchecked it there, it won't work.. If you haven't tinkered in those areas, check at the Toshiba website to see if they have any updated drivers for the keyboard.

As to syncing with another program on the computer, it might be possible.. Have you checked at the Toshiba site to see if they have instructions for doing so?

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
drivers
by odoyle / March 15, 2007 3:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Have You?

I'm in the process of downloading drivers and I've had a couple that have this message pop up,

"Cannot Install: SETUP or INSTALL program filename contains folder information. Use Actions/Checkout instead."

What's this mean?

Collapse -
Sounds Like It Needs To Be Unzipped
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 15, 2007 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: drivers

I'm guessing that you're having troubles "installing" the drivers, NOT "downloading" the drivers?? Is that correct?

The error you're seeing can occur when a compressed file is trying to be used to install something. Download the compressed file to your computer, then Uncompress the file, and then run the driver installation from the extracted files.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Your user's manual goes into great detail on ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 15, 2007 5:27 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.