Tablets forum

Question

Keyboard Replacement Inspiron 13 7347

by CAREpetrescue / July 9, 2016 6:53 AM PDT

I spilled coffee on my Dell Inspiron 13 7347 (end of 2015 model), and some keys are stuck. I ordered a new keyboard-only replacement but cannot figure out how to replace the keyboard only, without the palm rest or frame. I removed nearly everything from the inside of the laptop and there is no visible way to remove the old keyboard and put in the new one. Several places online sell the keyboard-only replacement, as well as, the keyboard frame with palm set, but I cannot find anything explaining how to replace it. How do you replace the keyboard on the Dell Inspiron 13 7347 keyboard?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Keyboard Replacement Inspiron 13 7347
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Keyboard Replacement Inspiron 13 7347
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I see the video on this one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2016 8:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Keyboard/palmrest replacement required
by waynefb59 / July 12, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

CAREpetrescue,
The keyboard on the Dell Inspiron 13 7347 is plastic welded to the palmrest so it is in fact a single unit. The video posted by R. Proffitt is indeed the method to follow. I don't know why online sellers offer the keyboard only.
I have stripped down a 7359 model, practically identical, and there is no way I could see to separate the keyboard from the palmrest. I'm doing another one in a couple of weeks time so I will double check and reply here if I find anything different. Its not a complicated job and if you are careful with the delicate ribbon cables and other motherboard connections most people could do it. Dell publish very good user manuals which also describe in detail this procedure. The Dell manual also ends at the same point as the video.
Regards.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!