Question

keyboard problem: wrong output

I've searched several days on the web, but can't find an answer that works for me.

I have a logitech g15 keyboard, windows vista, desktop pc.

So the following happens.
When I press the tilde key I get a '6'
When I press tab I get a '9' AND it jumps to the next box (which tab should do).
when I press prt screen I get ' \ '
when I press numpad 8 I get the number AND the search box in the bottom of the browser

Basically every 'special' key is behaving as if they have a double fuction at the same time.

I also can't turn numlock and scroll lock off at the same time: when I press numlock it automatically turns on scroll lock.

This all started about a week ago. I think it happened when I enabled a macro in Excel, but I'm not sure. I deleted the file with the macro, didnt help.

I've looked into keyboard language settings and it's fine.

If anyone can help me out, would be great. Not having tab = nightmare.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: keyboard problem: wrong output
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: keyboard problem: wrong output
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: keyboard problem

Well, it's either an issue with the keyboard (hardware), or with the PC (driver, mapping or hardware also).

So the very first thing to do is to try another keyboard on this PC (it would be nice to try 2 or 3: PS/2, USB, wireless) and this keyboard on another PC.

Please post your findings, so we can advice about the next step to take.

Kees

- Collapse -
re:

thanks for the reply.

I hooked the keyboard to my laptop and it had the same problem.
haven't found a 2nd keyboard yet to try your other suggestions.

CNET Forums