Computer Help forum

General discussion

keyboard not working properly

hi, my keyboard on my laptop is not working properly its a lenovo g530 4446-24u and i tryed to change keyboard language settings and i tryed to format because i tought it was a virus or something changing the keys but anyways when i press the spacebar or backspace its acting like the enter and when i press tab its doing a z and the z too and when i press the c the find window popup and some keys are not working at all like the 5, 6, g, h and sometimes when i start up the computer you hear a noise and you start note pad or whatever in the screen you can type in the computer keep typing ```````` non stop.

thanks in advance for your help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: keyboard not working properly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: keyboard not working properly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Woah

In reply to: keyboard not working properly

Woah, that's bad. Is it a problem with the Keyboard?

Collapse -
keyboard

In reply to: keyboard not working properly

Try a USB keyboard. IF it dose the same thing as the laptop keyboard then it is the settings.

Also when was the last time that you cleaned your laptop? It sounds like you have a stuck key to me. use some canned air to spray out the keyboard. try to have the laptop on its side and have it off. That way any moisture in the can will not get on the laptop.

manmur

Collapse -
will try

In reply to: keyboard

ok i will try this i tought already of that yesterday but i didnt tryed because i think its can be the keyboard itself like you said some dust making a key stuck or maybe the keyboard is finish but anyways im sure its not the settings because i formated and reinstalled the windows vista and putted the factory recovery in it for the drivers and etc and its still the same but i will try to clean up the dust and see what happen isinde and let you know thanks

Collapse -
not worked :(

In reply to: keyboard

i tryed to clean all the dust form the keyboard and i removed all the keys to clean it well and i cleaned up all the dust in the laptop completely and its doing the same then i tryed to plug a external usb keyboard and its work fine with the external usb keyboard do you think i have to buy a new internal keyboard ?

Collapse -
laptop keyboard

In reply to: not worked :(

You will have to get a new internal keyboard for your laptop. However you should have a computer tech replace the keyboard for you.

However, If you are fine with your external USB keyboard then use that. Unless you have to take your laptop with you everywhere. Then having a usb keyboard will be a hassle.

This website has laptop keyboards for sale.

http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com

You will have to short by brand, model line, series, and model.

When I looked at the price of my laptop keyboard it will cost me $56 factory direct, $42 refurbished rounded up to the nearest dollar. I am not including shipping and handling in that price.

manmur

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: laptop keyboard

well thanks for you helps its really apreciated and i have a warranty on the laptop so im gonna go at the shop with it i tought i could repair it myself because i have an IT certification but when its come to broken parts you dont have the choice to go at the shop if its on warranty or buy another part lol

Collapse -
No Problem

In reply to: thanks

Good luck on the new keyboard!

manmur

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.