HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Keyboard buttons mixed up!

by Heliuman / September 6, 2010 6:51 AM PDT

Hey Guyz ...
It's my first time to try finding a solution for a PC problem online

I tried to clean my Toshiba laptop keyboard with alcohol, but unfortunately some got mixed up ..
for example "6" types "h" and "sapce bar" types "p"

Any ideas Sad ... ?????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Keyboard buttons mixed up!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Keyboard buttons mixed up!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The space bar type P ??
by ChuckT / September 6, 2010 7:53 AM PDT

It is highly unlikely that you are going to mix up the Space bar with any other key. The Space bar is the largest and most recognizable key on your keyboard.

No, if your Space bar is entering "P" then you have something else wrong with your keyboard. Try swapping out your keyboard with another keyboard. If your new Space bar, on the new keyboard, still enters a "P" then you have computer problems, not the keyboard. And while some people may suggest, in this occurrence, that it may be your keyboard driver, I would not say that. By you plugging in another keyboard, Windows should find a new separate driver for the 2nd keyboard. The two keyboards are different, in that respect.

Collapse -
The problem with this advice: it's a laptop.
by Kees Bakker / September 6, 2010 7:56 AM PDT

So it amounts to:
1. Use an external keyboard
or
2. Replace the keyboard.

Kees

Collapse -
You can still use other keyboards
by ChuckT / September 6, 2010 8:05 AM PDT

You can have multiple keyboards connected to a computer, desktop or laptop. If they are plugged into the USB ports you just plug in or out as needed. You don't even need to re-boot, USB is "hot-swappable."

Having multiple keyboards, or even mice, is not a problem, as long as you know that there is only one input focus at a time; you can't type or click in multiple windows at the same time.

Collapse -
The problem with this advice: it's a laptop.
by nat_hoe / October 7, 2013 4:42 PM PDT

or maybe you have to check in "Default input language"

Collapse -
purchase a new keyboard
by julia_taylor / September 9, 2010 9:29 AM PDT

purchase another keyboard or use external

Collapse -
This happens to me all the time....so frustrating!!
by ahaynes122 / September 8, 2013 5:40 AM PDT

The only thing that sees to help is shutting down, unfortunately.....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.