Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Kerry/Edwards Gains Nearly Unanimous Lead in Polls...

by Blake Cook / July 9, 2004 4:24 PM PDT

To make it easier to see, I will highlight the current leader from each poll and place them at the top of the group...

White House 2004: General Election

Time Poll (w/o Nader). July 6-8, 2004

Kerry: 49%
Bush: 45%
Other/Unsure: 2%

Time Poll (w Nader). July 6-8, 2004

Kerry: 47%
Nader: 4%
Other/Unsure: 5%

Zogby America Poll (w/o Nader). July 6-7, 2004

Kerry: 46%
Bush: 44%
Other/Unsure: 9%

Zogby America Poll (w Nader). July 6-7, 2004

Nader: 2%
Other/Unsure: 6%

Zogby America Poll (w/o Nader + VP). July 6-7, 2004

Kerry/Edwards: 48%
Bush/Cheney: 46%
Nader/Cameo: 2%
Other/Unsure: 7%

Associated Press-Ipsos Poll. July 5-7, 2004

Bush: 49%
Kerry: 45%
Nader: 3%
Other/Unsure: 3%

Associated Press-Ipsos Poll (+ VP). July 5-7, 2004

Bush/Cheney: 50%
Kerry/Edwards: 46%
Nader: 2%
Other/Unsure: -%

CBS News Poll (+ VP). July 6, 2004

Kerry/Edwards: 49%
Bush/Cheney: 44%
Other: 1%
Unsure: 4%
Won't Vote: 2%

NBC News Poll (w Nader + VP). July 6, 2004

Bush/Cheney: 41%
Nader/Cameo: 4%
Unsure: 6%

NBC News Poll (w/o Nader + VP). July 6, 2004

Kerry/Edwards: 54%
Bush/Cheney: 43%
Unsure: 3%

American Research Group Poll (w Nader). July 1-3, 2004

Nader: 3%

American Research Group Poll (w/o Nader). July 1-3, 2004

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kerry/Edwards Gains Nearly Unanimous Lead in Polls...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kerry/Edwards Gains Nearly Unanimous Lead in Polls...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A safer world...

Looks as if we are going toward a safer world, after all...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Don't bet your bankroll on that
by TONI H / July 9, 2004 10:17 PM PDT
In reply to: A safer world...
Collapse -
Re: Kerry/Edwards Gains Nearly Unanimous Lead in Polls...
by gearup / July 9, 2004 10:15 PM PDT

But what does the Wall Street Journal or other more conservative polls say?

Collapse -
Re: WSJ Poll

Hi, Gearup.

The NBC poll is actually the "NBC/Wall Street Journal" poll, so it's in line with the majority. "Independent Del" trumpeted the ONLY major poll that doesn't show Kerry/Edwards ahead. But as others have said here before, the poll that really counts comes in November, and it's state-by-state.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Part II: Kerry/Edwards Gains Nearly Unanimous Lead...
by Blake Cook / July 10, 2004 12:50 PM PDT
But what does the Wall Street Journal or other more conservative polls say? - gearup

Some groups poll more often than others. I have provided all the latest polls that are included in PollingReport.com during the first week of July. As more polls come in, I will be happy to include them...

If you want to see some of the older poll results, you can see them at the PollingReport.com site that I've been accessing. Not only does it list current poll results, but PollingReport.com also includes older results so that you can compare and contrast how things have changed throughout this election cycle...

Today Newsweek weighed in with its latest poll. I will include Newsweek's results below. To make it easier to see, I will highlight the current leader from each poll and place them at the top of the group...

Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. July 8-9, 2004 (w Nader)

Kerry/Edwards: 47%
Nader/Cameo: 3%
Other/Unsure: 6%

Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. July 8-9, 2004 (w/o Nader)

Kerry/Edwards: 51%
Other/Unsure: 4%
Collapse -
I am relieved to see this.
by James Denison / July 10, 2004 1:22 PM PDT

It means that complaceny will set in among the Democrats on voting day. It's a common occurrence, where they prefer to do something else when they think their vote isn't needed as much, whereas conservatives, make that Republicans are more diligent to vote, even if they figure it's an assured win.

Collapse -
The More Likely Scenario...
by Blake Cook / July 10, 2004 1:47 PM PDT
It means that complaceny will set in among the Democrats on voting day. It's a common occurrence, where they prefer to do something else when they think their vote isn't needed as much - James Denison

That's an interesting spin James. But after what occurred in 2000, I doubt that many Democrats are going to become complacent come November. When GW was campaigning in 2000, he claimed to be a uniter, not a divider. Even though GW divided the world and this country, he definitely united the Democratic party more than it's been in a very long time. Don't expect many Democrats to stay home in November. That would be similar to believing that Iraqi WMD's are still going to appear or even believing in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus at the ripe old age of 30...

What's more likely to occur is that a great many Republicans will stay home if they feel that the Democrats are going to win by a landslide and/or they are upset with GW's poor performance during the last 3+ years...
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Even liberals have a right to dream (fantasize).
by James Denison / July 10, 2004 6:43 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Happy to hear that we all have the same rights still...
by Blake Cook / July 10, 2004 7:02 PM PDT
Collapse -
Hurry up...

Those rights ay be gone by January 2005..

Collapse -
Reuniting The World For The Common Good...
by Blake Cook / July 10, 2004 8:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Hurry up...
Hurry up...Those rights may be gone by January 2005.. - C. Thunell ABB

No, the Nightmare will end in January. After November, we can begin repairing the damage caused during this administration and hopefully the world will be quick to forgive us of our sins and transgressions. I believe that President Kerry will be able to reunite the world for the common good once GW is returned to Crawford where he belongs...
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yep..Rose Colored Glasses are selling quickly
by TONI H / July 10, 2004 11:13 PM PDT
Collapse -
And pessimism is on sale at a dime a dozen...
by Blake Cook / July 11, 2004 5:00 AM PDT

And it's selling like hotcakes...

Collapse -
Served at the DNC?
by James Denison / July 11, 2004 5:10 AM PDT

I remember all the crowing about Gore 4 years ago while I was messing around in the NYT forums. Oh my golly, how delicious it was when the Clinton debacle ended, and Gore , even as an incumbent VP couldn't manage to save it for the Democrats. Oh, the wailing at NYT from all the liberals. It was fun at first, then when the crying and wailing turned into the usual whining, it became disgusting. One thing is sure....one thing is eternal...no matter what happens in November, by March if not sooner the Democrats will be whining all over again. The whine of Democrats is forever.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) just like you...
by Richard Jones Forum moderator / July 11, 2004 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Served at the DNC?
Collapse -
Will There Be A Honeymoon Period???
by Blake Cook / July 11, 2004 6:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Served at the DNC?
One thing is sure....one thing is eternal...no matter what happens in November, by March if not sooner the Democrats will be whining all over again. The whine of Democrats is forever. - James Denison

During the Clinton years, from the minute he took office and continues yet today, the Republicans have attacked and whined like there was no tomorrow. I don't expect that President Kerry will be given much, if any type of honeymoon period. After their loss in November, the Republicans will most likely resort to their favorite weapon, character assassination. I hope I'm wrong. Let's just wait and see if the Republicans are truly saints, as they would have us believe, and see if they can avoid the whining and attacking which they claim is typically a Democratic characteristic. The Republicans weren't saints during the Clinton years, so I would be surprised if they have miraculously changed...
Collapse -
Part III: Kerry/Edwards Holds Nearly Unanimous Lead...
by Blake Cook / July 12, 2004 12:21 PM PDT

Today CNN/USA Today/Gallup and Investor's Business Daily/Christian Science Monitor/TIPP both weighed in with their latest polls. I will include their results below. To make it easier to see, I will highlight the current leader from each poll and place them at the top of the group...

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. July 8-11, 2004 (w/o Nader)

Kerry/Edwards: 50%
Neither: 2%
Other: -%
No Opinion: 2%

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. July 8-11, 2004 (w Nader)

Kerry/Edwards: 50%
Bush/Cheney: 45%
Nader/Camejo: 2%
None/Other: 1%
No Opinion: 2%

Investor's Business Daily/Christian Science Monitor/TIPP poll conducted TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. July 6-10, 2004 (w/o Nader)

Not sure: 7%

Investor's Business Daily/Christian Science Monitor/TIPP poll conducted TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. July 6-10, 2004 (w Nader)

Bush: 43%
Not sure: 6%

Collapse -
Part IV - July 2004: Kerry/Edwards Continues Lead...
by Blake Cook / July 16, 2004 6:38 AM PDT

So far these are the new additions for the polling results taken in July. Both Democracy Corps and Washington Post have weighed in with their latest polls. I will include their results below. To make it easier to see, I will highlight the current leader from each poll and place them at the top of the group...

Democracy Corps Poll conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (D). July 10-13, 2004 (w/o Nader - VP)

Kerry: 50%
Bush: 47%
Unsure: 2%

Democracy Corps Poll conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (D). July 10-13, 2004 (w/o Nader + VP)

Kerry/Edwards: 52%
Bush/Cheney: 45%
Unsure: 2%

Democracy Corps Poll conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (D). July 10-13, 2004 (w Nader - VP)

Kerry: 48%
Unsure: 3%

Washington Post Poll. July 8-11, 2004 (w Nader + VP)

Kerry/Edwards: 46%
Nader/Camejo: 4%
None/Wouldn't Vote: 4%
No Opinion: 1%

Collapse -
Part V - July 2004: Kerry/Edwards Continues Lead...
by Blake Cook / July 19, 2004 5:33 AM PDT

So far these are the new additions for the polling results taken in July. Both Marist College and CBS News/New York Times have weighed in with their latest polls. I will include their results below. To make it easier to see, I will highlight the current leader from each poll and place them at the top of the group...

Marist College Poll. July 12-15, 2004 (w Nader + VP)

Kerry/Edwards: 47%
Nader/Camejo: 3%
Unsure: 4%

CBS News/New York Times Poll. July 11-15, 2004 (w/o Nader + VP)

Other: 2%
Won't Vote: 1%
Don't Know: 4%

CBS News/New York Times Poll. July 11-15, 2004 (w Nader + VP)

Kerry/Edwards: 45%
Bush/Cheney: 42%
Nader/Camejo: 5%
Other: 2%
Won't Vote/Don't Know: 6%

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.