Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Kerry critic is quite a character

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kerry critic is quite a character
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kerry critic is quite a character
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Kerry critic is quite a character

In reply to: Kerry critic is quite a character

Rude and crude....and blunt. Makes you wonder when he'll get around to telling us how he REALLY feels.

TONI

Collapse -
Can't help wondering.

In reply to: Kerry critic is quite a character

When all else fails, smear their character. It's a favorite Democrat campaign tactic.

Collapse -
Re: Can't help wondering.

In reply to: Can't help wondering.

Tell that to John McCain.

Dan

Collapse -
Here's what Tony Blankley said...

In reply to: Re: Can't help wondering.

'But this scandal charge is by more than 200 respectable former naval officers and men. The primary author, John O'Neill, first started publicly challenging Mr. Kerry more than 30 years ago on the **** Cavett Show. The co-author, Jerome Corsi, is not a political hack, but a college friend of Mr. O'Neill, with a Ph.D. from Harvard and a distinguished writing career.'

I don't know who your source is, but I am familiar with Blankley. He is a regular on the McLaughlin Group and a savvy reporter. I know Harvard is the soul on conservatism, so I don't wonder that they gave him a Phd.

I can't ask John McCain. I don't know him. Did Corsi attack him? (sources please)
Collapse -
Re: Here's what Tony Blankley said...

In reply to: Here's what Tony Blankley said...

McCain received the 'republican treatment' from his own party during the primaries four years ago.

Dan

Collapse -
Kind of like how...

In reply to: Re: Here's what Tony Blankley said...

Kerry treated everyone running against him in the primaries?

Come out from under that rock and face the light of day.

Collapse -
Re: Can't help wondering.

Hi, KP.

No one's smearing his character -- his own words do such a good job it would be gilding the lily!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Maybe it comes with the PhD?

In reply to: Re: Can't help wondering.

I seem to recall your comparing various people to Hitler, various groups such as White Sepratists by other names, The Branch Davidians by some uncouth euphamisms, the human foetus to a parasite, abortion to the death penalty, etc., etc..

I also seem to recall you thinking you are entitled to your free speech but obviously that feeling does not belong to others.

Racism, lets just leave that little bit with your penchant for calling blacks you don't like or approve of "Uncle Toms" and the (probably unknown until pointed out a while back) racism behind using neo-con as an epithet (although you continued to do so AFTER this was pointed out too).

Collapse -
Re: Maybe it comes with the PhD?

In reply to: Maybe it comes with the PhD?

Ed, The only comparison here is in your mind. And I don't use "Uncle Tom" for anyone that isn't characterized that way by most Blacks, so it's not "my" penchant -- it's a sobriquet they've earned among their own people.

Collapse -
Re: Maybe it comes with the PhD?

In reply to: Re: Maybe it comes with the PhD?

And I don't use "Uncle Tom" for anyone that isn't characterized that way by most Blacks

You have thrown this around several times now. Is there some poll out there that shows that even a majority of blacks, let alone "most" would label Thomas as such? Doubtful, so you are speaking for blacks or channeling their thoughts with no basis to do so.

If a poll were taken that showed a majority of blacks considered Colin Powell the "House N*****" would you then feel vindicated in calling him that?

I didn't realize we were polling minority groups as to what slurs are acceptable to them. Usually it is the other way around Dave. Only a small number of a population need to find a label offensive for it to be deemed off limits.

One could recognize that many blacks use the N word among their peers -- even as a "term of endearment" -- that doesn't give you the right to adopt it. Try it next time you visit NYC, go to Harlem and address someone that way. Nah ... much as you annoy me with your racial rhetoric sometimes I wouldn't wish the result on you.

Your inability to see the utter inappropriateness of using that term is staggering!

Evie Happy
Collapse -
no, it is indeed YOUR PENCHANT

In reply to: Re: Maybe it comes with the PhD?

and the "most blacks" is a figment of your imagination.

Can you cite ANY "proofs" of your assumptions of "most"? If so do so, if not don't try your disingenious assumptions that if you claim it it must be so. That is even weaker than continuing to make use of the pullitfromyourass.com "news" site.

I do think that your response implies that such is attributable to the PhD as suggested.

Collapse -
Re: no, it is indeed YOUR PENCHANT

In reply to: no, it is indeed YOUR PENCHANT

Hi, Ed.

>>the "most blacks" is a figment of your imagination.<<
Certainly not when it comes to Thomas -- he rarely speaks to Black groups because of the level of protest his appearance engenders in the community, and "Uncle Thomas" is one of the most frequently seen signs. Here, for exemple, is a thread on "Uncle Thomas" from the blackhub forums.

Collapse -
Re: no, it is indeed YOUR PENCHANT

In reply to: Re: no, it is indeed YOUR PENCHANT

Gee Dave, I'm sure we could find some forum that could represent whatever views you want to attribute to "most" of any group. There's a term for assuming how someone should think and feel based on the color of their skin, BTW.

We are talking about your continued use of the term and justification for it. You really ought to reconsider putting that shovel down.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Now THAT'S funny

ROFL, yeah, like when the Dems tried to start a rumor that Bush was sleeping with an intern. I hate when we do that kind of thing.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Wesley Clark is a Democrat

In reply to: Now THAT'S funny

Collapse -
I had no idea Wesley Clark started that rumor

In reply to: (NT) Wesley Clark is a Democrat

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.