Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Kerry again assists the enemy...

by Edward ODaniel / January 23, 2006 3:36 AM PST

just as he did during Vietnam. One can't help but wonder if he will be getting his picture with their praises in some terrorist museum somewhere lauding his for his support.

John Kerry Touts Al Qaida Successes

In quotes sure to bring delight to Osama bin Laden and his followers, Sen. John Kerry said Sunday that the reason the U.S. homeland hasn't been attacked by al Qaida since 9/11 is because the terror group is having so much success against U.S. forces in Iraq.

"Many people surmise that one of the reasons we haven't been attacked here, is because they are being so successful at doing what they need to do to attack us in Iraq and elsewhere," the failed presidential candidate told ABC's "This Week."...

Bob Schieffer himself has noted how terrorists have picked up on Kerry's and other "progressive's" supportive, for their cause, statements and proclamations.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kerry again assists the enemy...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kerry again assists the enemy...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Where is the Duct tape???
by Glenda / January 23, 2006 3:38 AM PST

when we need it??? Kerry needs to have his mouth taped shut!

Collapse -
An American that needs duct tape?
by taboma / January 23, 2006 6:48 AM PST

?as suggested. Just remember that Kerry is not a Vietnam War Hero in my eyes. Kerry is just a politician from MA. Same as Ted Kennedy. They both blow smoke?
as well as Gov. Dukaka from MA and his tankity-tank campaign years ago. Remember that visual?
I personnaly would not even support Kerry to make pickles!
I am from Taxachussets.
Mark: And Charlie is still lost on the MTA!?
I wonder if Kerry is still lost along with Charlie?
Will they ever return?
No, they will never return?
until Kerry is voted out of office. And get the duct tape for now!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) He "says" a lot of things.
by caktus / January 23, 2006 3:24 PM PST
Collapse -
and alot of fools listen to him
by Mark5019 / January 23, 2006 9:25 PM PST

the same ones who think he wasnt a coward,

Collapse -
I find it interesting
by Diana Forum moderator / January 24, 2006 10:38 AM PST

You say that nobody can comment on the war if he/she hasn't fought in one like you. Kerry has fought in one but you say he can't comment on the war because he disagrees with you.

Very interesting.

Collapse -
i never said cant comment
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 12:06 PM PST
In reply to: I find it interesting

and as kerry served 4 months while the rest of us served full tours.
and as to bandaid kerry fighting ans getting wounded 4 times seems like its wild i was awarded purple heart for getting a scratch diveing for cover, now if i was scratched by a nail and recieved a ph and kerry was "wounded 4 times seems somethings wrong eh.

and at least he was there has little standings in our eyes.
man lied about what we did over there when he said "all troops did atrocities".
good ole band aid kerry=

Collapse -
I never said cant comment
by JP Bill / January 24, 2006 1:06 PM PST

so if you never served or fought in a war and as you never have served your opinions about as good as teats on a bull= useless.

we all know you dont so dont begin to speak of what you dont know

Sure looks like "can't comment" unless you served or fought

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're telling Mark he didn't fight?
by Evie / January 24, 2006 1:45 PM PST
Collapse -
by JP Bill / January 24, 2006 2:04 PM PST

These were posted previously by Mark

so if you never served or fought in a war and as you never have served your opinions about as good as teats on a bull= useless.

we all know you dont so dont begin to speak of what you dont know

emphasis mine

This is my comment

Sure looks like ''can't comment'' unless you served or fought

Collapse -
again jp
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 8:53 PM PST
In reply to: No

unless you fought you dont know what war is
john wayne wasnt there you can imagine but never comprehend it

Collapse -
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 1:51 PM PST

if you never fought in combat how can you have any idea what its like? seems self explanitory to me.
but then again i fought in a war did you or most of se members never have. so there opinions are allowed but how much knowledge there opinins mean.

and as i never said you cant have an opinion just if you never walked in a soldiers boots in combat dont judge him/her as there there your home safe in your armchair

Collapse -
again jp
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 8:55 PM PST
In reply to: ok

if you didnt fight in a war your opinion is 1 sided based on not knowing 1st hand
if you watch a medical show on tv does that qualify you to be a dr.? or a quack.

same as war you watch it on tv does that make you a warrior or an armchair warrior?

Collapse -
I'll try this once more
by JP Bill / January 24, 2006 9:11 PM PST
In reply to: again jp

I doesn't matter if anyone fought in the war, served in the military , was a doctor or what ever you want.

They can have an opinion, they can voice that opinion and the other person can debate with or disregard that opinion.

But they should not tell the other person they can't say what they think.

If you don't agree with what I or anyone else says then debate what we say, don't tell us don't speak. Just as you weren't there in the room where the guy was stuffed in a sleeping bag and a guy sitting on his chest. How can you speak about what was ''right or wrong''?

Collapse -
ok jp
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 9:25 PM PST

i fought in a war i feel i have better understanding than any arm chair warrior.

you can have an opinion but unless you fought in a war your opinons about as good as teats on a bull .

so have your opinion lacking 1st hand knowledge.

and when did you have some one shooting at you? what war zone did you serve in?

Collapse -
Knock it off, you two
by TONI H / January 24, 2006 9:30 PM PST
In reply to: ok jp

both of you go at each other's blood like ticks on a dog...I'm tired of deleting you guys.

Collapse -
by John Robie / January 25, 2006 6:38 AM PST
In reply to: ok jp

As a fellow 'warrior' of the past, I have been hesitant in commenting about your constant "bragging" of being a Private/Grunt in the Nam war. Except for getting you to calm down a few years ago on wanting to nuke, carpet bomb, and scorch earth Iraq which included civilians, I have stayed silent in making comments regarding your numerous reference to everyone being ignorant of war and making comments/opinions unless they have been in the service. You do not chastise Toni H or Angeline for their comment/opinions of war as they have not been in the service but have children that serve. You do however chastise DaveK and Josh (Democrats) and others you do not like with a challenge about they not serving in the military.

Mark, please get off that crude that people don't know anything/or give a comment/opinion about war/military unless they have been there in uniform. There are many civilians who have even been to the Army/Air War College that know a lot more than you or I about war and the military.

Served Korea and Nam in the Wars and know about WAR

Collapse -
Not to defend Mark,
by duckman / January 25, 2006 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: Mark

but there are those certain liberals (or progressives) that call the current admistration "chickenhawks", so to some degree they have earned Mark's remarks.

Collapse -
whoopee do you served 1 of few
by Mark5019 / January 25, 2006 6:48 AM PST
In reply to: Mark

but ill stick with my feelings of these armchair warriors have an opinion which they haven't a clue.
there kind is helping the enemy

read this and listen john seems your not reading what i and others see

to bad you opened your mouth as i just lost my respect of you not that that matters, you who served should no better:(

and when some always bash my country i wont be a sheep john silence is golden but it kills you when you turn a blind eye to it.

and war collage is good but not the real thing is it john whens the last time they saw there Friends head leg blown off?

real wars different OK john or did you forget?

Collapse -
It would be nice Mark
by John Robie / January 25, 2006 7:05 AM PST

if you would tell us what in your opinion is wrong with someones comment/opinion with some sort of understanding, instead of just constantly bashing... that unless someone served...they don't know nothing.

I take up for my country Mark, and served a lot more years than you, so don't say 'I turn a blind eye'.

I know about real war, and don't grandstand it that I'm the expert.

Collapse -
john i never said claimed i was an expert
by Mark5019 / January 25, 2006 7:13 AM PST

but i would be willing to bet i and those who have served, and fought have more understanding than those that havent!john if a person never served in a war zone how can they understand? its like childbirth how can a man say they understand what it feels like to give birth to a baby? they cant!

you take up for your country good i must have missed you in here doing such:(
i see some here bashing your country your soldiers and its very quiet on your responce to them.

you served great and fought so did i edward tony holmes and lot more.

remember the bashers here give the enemy strength

yes you served longer and i seved allso

Collapse -
Once more. If someone wants to tell you that you can't
by Kiddpeat / January 25, 2006 6:46 AM PST

speak, they have every right to do so. It's just like you telling them that they can't say that you can't speak.

Collapse -
Sounds like the length of time counts too
by Diana Forum moderator / January 25, 2006 5:56 AM PST

Wonder how long you have to serve in a war to be allowed to comment?

Collapse -
When did Mark or anyone else EVER...
by Edward ODaniel / January 24, 2006 12:32 PM PST
In reply to: I find it interesting

say that Kerry couldn't comment on war?

His comments are asinine and demonstrate that there was good reason he cut and ran in Vietnam and his self inflicted wounds (and yes Diane he even carelessly commented on his rice in the *** self inflicted second purple owie in his journal used by Brinkley to write "Tour of Duty") were purely for political gain. Fortunately he was from Massachusetts whith its history of electing those of his ilk.

What is interesting is your making a post about something that never happened and finding that interesting.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and al Quaeda is just a boogeyman
by Evie / January 24, 2006 12:36 PM PST
Collapse -
That really says it all. First Vietnam, now the War on
by Kiddpeat / January 24, 2006 1:39 PM PST

Terror. This is aid and comfort to the enemy. How much lower will the Democrats go before they hit the bottom of the barrel?

How sad and pathetic. Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) as DE would say they work for us
by Mark5019 / January 24, 2006 1:53 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?