General discussion

Kernel32.dll

I just installed Windows ME on my OLD Compaq Presario (about 6 years old now). When I start the computer I get a message as follows:

"Explorer has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
Explorer will now close.

If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."

I have tried restarting my computer. I have tried re-installing ME. I keep getting the same thing. When I click on the close button it comes back (everytime, never goes away). When I move the error screen to the bottom out of the way and try to run any program the computer freezes up.

If anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Teri

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Kernel32.dll
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Kernel32.dll
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Kernell32.dll

Hi,
I had the same problem, go into system restore, and go back to a restoration point, say two weeks this should eliminate it.

- Collapse -
Kernel32.dll

question:

what is Kernel32.dll and what does it do to the computer?

I have Windows ME and I have discovered I have spyware on it. I am getting spysweeper in a few days (ordered last night) as well as the windowswasher. What does spysweeper do and when do I install it? What about windows washer?

- Collapse -
RE: Kernel32.dll
- Collapse -
try this..

spyware and malware are programs which report back on your surfing habits.
Instead of paying use adaware from www.adaware.com which is free and very effective.

best wishes
Tony

CNET Forums

Forum Info