Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ken Starr-- Where is he now?

by Bob / November 30, 2004 8:31 AM PST

Ken Starr's name was mentioned in the discussion about Robert Novak and it brought back many painful memories. Being a Clinton Democrat fan from Arkansas, I have special disgusting memories of Ken Starr and his $70 Million witch hunt as THE REPUBLICAN HIT MAN. After wreaking havoc with the lives of many yet-to-be-charged people he moved on to collect one of his many rewards of his taxpayer funded service to the Republican Party: President of Pepperdine College in California. Is it surprising to you that he was Solicitar General for former President George H. W. Bush at one tome? That's the Bush that was defeated by former President Clinton. Being from Arkansas, I saw close-up, the damage done to innocent people. They were innocent then and still are innocent and have never even been charged. One of the most vivid and disgusting cases was that of Susan McDougald. She was imprisoned for 8 months because she would not co-operate and say what Starr wanted her to say. It was always beyond my comprehension how she could be incarserated without being convicted of anything. Along the same lines, Robert Novak was never charged or prosecuted for revealing the name of Wilson's wife, placing her and others in danger. What a crazy world! That is the result of political power. The only ones that could correct such an inequitable situation are the politicians and they aren't going to. Status Quo satisfies them. Where did we lose control of our country?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ken Starr-- Where is he now?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ken Starr-- Where is he now?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why can't you guys tell it the way it was? Susan McDougald;
by Kiddpeat / November 30, 2004 11:03 AM PST

she wasn't in jail for refusing to say what Ken Starr wanted her to say. She was put there by a judge because she refused to testify under a grant of immunity. She knew that, if she lied, Starr would nail her for perjury, but she also wouldn't tell the truth. Why? I don't know, but a lot of people that told tales on the Clintons had reason to regret their action. He and Hillary had the power to get even.

Where did we lose control of our country?

It's the court system administering the law. The left can't be so flippant about ignoring it.

Collapse -
Dear KP; it is not the left that is intent on restructuring
by Ziks511 / December 2, 2004 3:14 AM PST

the Supreme Court and thereby overturning 30 years of rulings and legislation. I think that by the time Susan MacDougald came before Ken "Show me the Semen Stains" Starr his intent was pretty clear. Impariality was not his strength, or even his interest, he used a large hammer at every opportunity as Mrs MacDougald has every reason to know.

I'm not familiar with any well known vendettas carried out by the Clintons other than the fabled murder of Vince Foster, which true believers hammered the clintons with until they found a marginally more credible story in White Water. Oh, and maybe Travelgate which involved firings but not vendettas.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
I hate to break this to you Rob, but it IS the left that is
by Kiddpeat / December 2, 2004 5:31 AM PST

intent of restructuring the Supreme Court. That's one of the reasons they tried so hard to defeat President Bush, and why Teddy Kennedy has used the threat of filibusters to bottle up President Bush's judicial nominations.

As for Starr and the Clintons, you don't seem to have a clue. Perhaps that's because you live in Canada. Susan MacDougald was not put in jail by Ken Starr. She was put in jail by a judge. Starr was named as a Special Prosecutor by the Democrats because he was known for his impartiality.

As far as the Clintons, you've either got your head in the sand with your eyes tightly shut, or your using the standard leftist ploy of denying everything. Bill hit on more women than just Monica Lewinski. One sued him, and another reported threats aimed at insuring her silence. There was also Hillary's instant commodity trading expertise, last minute pardons in exchange for financial contributions, sales of the Lincoln bedroom, Whitewater, Travelgate, the stripping of Air Force One, the removal of items from the White House, and a host of other goodies.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.