Microsoft told me to do this
Step 1: Download Windows Media Player 9 Series (WMP9) files and 828026 update
Step 2: Uninstall Windows Media Player 9 in your system
1. Click Start -> Run. Type the following "command" in the Open field and Click OK.
rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection Uninstall 132 c:\windows\inf\wmp.inf
There are spaces between "rundll32.exe", "setupapi,InstallHinfSection", "Uninstall", "132" and "c:\windows\inf\wmp.inf"
2. Restart the computer into Safe Mode using the steps below:
a. Click Start, click Run, and then in the Open box, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotation marks). Click OK.
b. Click the Advance button. Check the "Enable Startup menu" item. Click Ok.
c. Reboot the computer. When the startup menu appears, choose Safe Mode and press Enter.
Note: If you don't want to see the startup menu later, you can repeat the above steps and uncheck the "Enable Startup menu" item in the #2.
Step 3: Install WMP9 and the 828026 update in Safe Mode
1. Enter into Safe Mode and locate to the downloaded WMP9 file to reinstall Windows Media Player 9.
2. After you finished install Windows Media Player 9, please install the 828026 update in Safe Mode.
3. Restart your system into Normal Mode and check to see whether or not the 828026 file still re-offers.