Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

kazaa

hi. well i've been told that until i can break the crack cocaine of kazaa that my computrer will never be free of app. problems. that said, is there any tool or fix for the kazaa and if not then what would be a decent alternative to kazaa?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: kazaa
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: kazaa
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reformat will fix and iTunes is a decent alternative

In reply to: kazaa

a little drastic, but it will do what you ask

Collapse -
Re: kazaa

yup K mMart, stores etc

Collapse -
Something For Your Reading Pleasure..

A link to the McAfee forum's discussion about KaZaa and other P2P downloaders:

Sticky: KaZaa & P2P networks - High Virus/Legal Risks

How To Remove KaZaa

First try removing KaZaa from the "Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs" section. If you get error messages, then you'll need to remove it manually using the instructions below. After that, download, install and run, either or both of the spyware removal programs below. KaZaa installs all sorts of spyware and it must be removed separately. Some of the spyware can also be removed from the 'Add/Remove Programs" section, but most must be eliminated using the Spyware Removal programs below. Both are free to use.

Manual Removal Instructions For KaZaa

How can I uninstall Kazaa Media Desktop?
Kazaa Media Desktop (KMD) can be uninstalled through the usual process of going into the 'Control Panel' through the START menu and opening the 'Add/Remove Programs' option. Just find 'Kazaa Media Desktop' and click 'Change/Remove' then follow the prompts.

When you uninstall KMD, the My Shared Folder will remain since it may have files in it that you wish to keep.

In the unlikely event that you have any problems uninstalling KMD, you may have to go into the program files folder (or where it was installed) and delete it manually. Be careful that you do not delete the 'My Shared Folder' directory before copying/moving any files that you have downloaded or want to keep. The 'My Shared Folder' directory is usually located on your C drive, in 'Program Files', within the 'Kazaa' directory.

After downloading and installing the programs below, make sure to "update" them from within the program's interface before running them.

Ad-Aware Personal Spyware Removal Tool

Spybot Search & Destroy Spyware Removal Tool

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Re: Something For Your Reading Pleasure..

In reply to: Something For Your Reading Pleasure..

I had heard that it loaded a lot of spyware ect: so once i was at a point i needed to reload XP i installed Kazza and said no every time it asked to load some extra program even then i found ouer 85 spyware adware programs when i ran adaware and spybot. it will load you system up with unwanted programs. watch out

Collapse -
Re: Something For Your Reading Pleasure..

In reply to: Re: Something For Your Reading Pleasure..

I did the same thing once. Kazaa still installed 92 pieces of spyware and 1 trojan.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.