The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Kati Kim and two kids found!

Police have found Kati Kim and the two kids. They were airlifted to the hospital, but no word on condition.

James left two days ago on foot looking for help. They are still searching for James.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kati Kim and two kids found!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kati Kim and two kids found!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just saw the news brief

In reply to: Kati Kim and two kids found!

Thank God, this is great news! I hope James is going to be okay.

Collapse -
Latest Update

Thanks for the update. I've found myself checking in every so often just to find out how the search is going. Great news about Kati and the kids; hopefully they will all be fine. Now we can just send good thoughts that James will be found.

Collapse -
(NT) So many questions

Collapse -
RE: Kati Kim and two kids found!

This is great news, hopefully they will find James soon.

Collapse -
Wonderful News

We can only hope that James is found soon too.

Collapse -
Awesome!

That is beyond awesome! So relieved that Kati and kids are ok. Let's hope that James shows up soon.

Collapse -
So glad to read this...

...and am keeping fingers crossed for James.

Collapse -
(NT) Wonderful news!

Collapse -
(NT) if not implied - I truly wish for a speedy rescue of James.

In reply to: Wonderful news!

Collapse -
(NT) acutally - I wish for a speedy, joyus Kim family reunion...

In reply to: if not implied - I truly wish for a speedy rescue of James.

Collapse -
Awsome news!

Good to hear that Kati and the girls were found alive. Come on, James! We're praying for you! Make yourself visible ASAP!

I am taking this as phase one of the good news that will end in the safe return of the Kim family and one heck of a story to share over pints.

Collapse -
Such incredible news!

In reply to: Awsome news!

Now please, whatever mystical power runs this universe - bring back James safe and sound!

-Nav

Collapse -
press conference at 5 pm pt

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I think it will be on cnet tv

In reply to: press conference at 5 pm pt

Collapse -
:)

In reply to: (NT) I think it will be on cnet tv

thats great, i hope everyhtin gos well!!!

Collapse -
thanks god

i am really happy to hear about the news
and i really hope they find James soon

i am not that religious, but it is in times like these that we know that God is up there looking for us all!

Collapse -
Wonderful news

OMG! Thanks God they found them... I was very worried about them, but mostly for the kids. Hope they are healthy, safe and warm.

Don't worry girls dad will be home by the end of the week.

Collapse -
So happy they are safe

In reply to: Wonderful news

I was seriously almost in tears last night about this. All weekend I was checking in on the search efforts, hoping for this news. I am so happy to hear that his wife and children are safe. I was worried about such young children being lost for so long. Glad they are safe. Cannot say that enough. I will keep James in my prayers, he has always been my favorite editor. ( no offense Molly, Tom, and Veronica )

Collapse -
Thank God!

In reply to: So happy they are safe

I was so afraid we would get very different news.
Just waiting for them to find James well now.

Collapse -
Oh thank god...

I just got out of a late meeting. My wife emailed me earlier with the news. Thank god. Now it seems they are going to have to track James' footprints. I just watched the press conference, and it sounds like he did something smart. His footprints go off the road onto a drainage--smart cause that would lead down to a river eventually. They say they are bringing in guys on horseback to follow the footprints and dogs incase they lose them. They are going to find him. This is just great.

To Kati and the kids, you did a great job. Burning the tires. That's awesome. We knew you could do it!

Collapse -
Thank God For Snow

In reply to: Oh thank god...

Even the snow was a large problem, I think it'll help them find James footprint wise. I'm not sure what it does to the scent, but hopefully nothing.

It's amazing nothing serious is wrong with the children, especially the littlest one. The Kim family is strong, and I'm sure James will be found soon. Let's hope we can all wake up to some awesome news from the search party.

Collapse -
good point

In reply to: Thank God For Snow

and by following the drainage, it will go down in elevation where the snow has melted; at that point the dogs can keep the scent if need be.

I think we'll have good news by morning. It sounds like the kids are fine--I'm sure Kati and James went into serious survival mode to keep the kids safe.

Meanwhile I just saw the story on local news in D.C.

Collapse -
Snow can insulate; Search dogs will help a lot...

In reply to: good point

I remember as a kid I'd burrow a hole in a snowbank and I was able to kinda slip inside like a sleeping bag - it kept the wind away and kinda insulated too.

I'm REALLY glad they've got a full ground search going - especially with trained search dogs. If dogs are man's best friend - a search dog is...well, something a LOT more.

Collapse -
Fantastic news!

So happy to read the news online this morning - very very pleaed that mother and children are found and are well .....
.... but let's make it even better news and find James too.

Come on guys .. find him ... we need him back.

Collapse -
Thank goodness those two are safe.

Thank God that Kati and the two kids were found in time. Let's pray James is found safe and sound as well.

Collapse -
Come back, James!

James isn't just a friend to those he personally knows but a friend to all of us. I feel very optimistic that they will find him, and he's okay. James come back to our lives, bud. We love you and miss you.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.