Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Karr Living In Atlanta; Neighbors Upset

by Mark5019 / October 20, 2006 7:00 AM PDT

ATLANTA -- It appears John Mark Karr has moved into his father?s northwest Atlanta home and that has some parents very upset. The homeowner?s association sent out an e-mail alert letting people know that the man who once claimed he killed JonBenet Ramsey has moved in.

Karr?s father?s home is not far from Chastain Park and that is why some parents are very concerned. Channel 2?s Tom Jones did speak to Karr and he wasn?t in the mood to say much about his living arrangements.

?Don?t make comments. No comments please. My dad is 85-years-old,? said Karr. ?I?m not about to say anything,? said Karr?s father.

That?s what John Mark Karr told Channel 2 when we arrived at his dad?s home in Chastain Park to find out if Karr had moved in.

We also wanted to get Karr?s response to an e-mail alert sent to hundreds of homeowners by the Chastain Park Civic Association. It let neighbors know Karr had moved into his father?s home, which is about 3 blocks from Chastain Park ? where kids gather daily.

Karr was in no mood to answer questions, but he took a copy of the e-mail alert from behind the door. ?Thank you very much. Thank you very much. I?ll be talking to my attorney,? Karr said.

Karr became internationally known when he expressed his fascination with young girls and suggested he was personally responsible for the death of child beauty queen, JonBenet Ramsey.

The case against Karr was dropped when DNA failed to connect him to the murder.

?We need to know that he?s here and that?s exactly what we did,? explained association president, Jim King.

King doesn?t apologize for sending out the e-mail alert. He understands Karr has committed no crime, and isn?t under the supervision of law enforcement ? but he says it?s important to keep kids safe.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10123310/detail.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Karr Living In Atlanta; Neighbors Upset
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Karr Living In Atlanta; Neighbors Upset
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wonder how long it will be before....
by C1ay / October 20, 2006 8:30 AM PDT

the Georgia Fish and Game Division releases a Karr tag for Georgia Hunting Licenses Devil

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) perverts are allways in season:)
by Mark5019 / October 20, 2006 10:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
Fish, game and other wildlife
by Steven Haninger / October 20, 2006 11:54 AM PDT

I couldn't be sad if he and his kind were on their dinner menu. If dropped they should be left as carrion...:(

Collapse -
What's sad ...
by Evie / October 20, 2006 11:32 AM PDT

... is that he probably has a case for harrassment, certainly an ACLU lawyer can't be far behind!

I still don't understand why nothing can be done to him for this false "confession" Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Hopefully he'll not get some sort of book deal either
by Steven Haninger / October 20, 2006 12:05 PM PDT
In reply to: What's sad ...

but, in the US, crime sometimes does ''pay''. Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?