Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Just wanted everyone to know.....

....that I wrote to Lee K. today and offered to resign as a forum moderator (I was a mod in the MS Office, Windows 95, 98 and ME forums). The reason is that I just haven't had time for it and when I do have a moment to spare, I prefer to spend it here.

He accepted my offer which is why you won't see a red M next to my name anymore.

I didn't want anyone to wonder what happened.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just wanted everyone to know.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just wanted everyone to know.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Just wanted everyone to know.....

In reply to: Just wanted everyone to know.....

I think you made a wise decision, Josh. If you don't have the time to spend doing a job to a standard you feel is acceptable, then it's time to move on.

As far as you wanting to be here in SE as "just a member"..........

WELCOME !! Happy

--Marcia

Collapse -

Sorry to lose your talents as a moderator, Josh, but I can certainly understand your priorities!

Thankfully, we'll still have you here!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Dear Josh, I'm not always logged in, but just want to say...

that I missed your post when it first arrived. I can well understand that with a new little one - and how is Aimee? please tell all... - that the time pressures on you must be very great.

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Thanks (everyone)

In reply to: Dear Josh, I'm not always logged in, but just want to say...

Aimee is amazing, of course! She's speaking in full sentences and even "sassed" me for the first time the other night. She asked for one of her dolls and I asked her to say "please," which she did. She always says it when prompted but only occasionally says it on her own. Sometimes I go a step further and remind her that it's always nice to say "please." I did that the other night and she snapped back, "I did say it!" I was so stunned I didn't know how to respond. It was pretty funny.

She likes to play pretend games with her animal figures and has them talking to each other, but you can tell she still loves her books when she has one dinosaur greet another dinosaur with "Hello, said the dinosaur."

I could go on. Grin

Collapse -
Please do. Go on that is.

In reply to: Thanks (everyone)

Time for an updated picture, no? Happy

Collapse -
Link to my homepage

In reply to: Please do. Go on that is.

http://home.comcast.net/~jjkatz/index.htm

And oh yeah, she recognizes the Yankees logo and says "Yankees," and when she sees the number 2 on the back of a Yankee uniform she says "Derek Jeter."

That's my girl!
Collapse -
A beautiful child. Thanks for sharing, Josh.

In reply to: Link to my homepage

Collapse -
That's great!

In reply to: A beautiful child. Thanks for sharing, Josh.

Cool site! Thanks for taking the time to set that up.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're welcome. :-)

In reply to: That's great!

Collapse -
Oh Great and Mighty Wizard, you've done it again!

In reply to: A beautiful child. Thanks for sharing, Josh.

How DO you do it, Ro?

Daddy's a goner, huh Josh. Happy Cain't be no cuter than that!

Collapse -
ROTFLOL. Impressive, uh? But simple.

In reply to: Oh Great and Mighty Wizard, you've done it again!

Much like your "You Are My Friend" that you posted in the old forum.

All you need is a web site, image editing program, a little HTML knowledge, a HTML editor and a FTP client.

OH, and a picture of a darling little girl also helps. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-)

In reply to: ROTFLOL. Impressive, uh? But simple.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-) ditto :-)

In reply to: (NT) :-)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) shes a cute little ****** you done good

In reply to: Link to my homepage

Collapse -
Dear Josh, Now I see why....

you have your hands full - and must be very proud mum and dad. My answer to "Can I have?" is always "Yes, well, maybe" until the "please" arrives (even now, many years later - they'll learn one day...).

We used to take zillions of photos, but they become more camera-shy as they get older and more "cool". Best to take as many as you can whilst you can. The ones you posted of Aimee are lovely - and I couldn't help noticing that she has the same sparkle as the earlier one you posted. It is lovely to see inbuilt happiness. The little ones across the way from me have that same irrepressible pleasure from life itself. They might learn things from us, but we can sure benefit from what they teach us!

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Re: Dear Josh, Now I see why....

In reply to: Dear Josh, Now I see why....

I think that's the thing I find most moving about her. When she smiles, her happiness is so total and the innocence of it almost brings tears to my eyes. It's a shame we all lose that as life takes its little chunks out of us.

Collapse -
Re: Thanks (everyone)

I never told my boys to say "Thank you". I just said it to them every chance I got. When they started saying it to me, I would say "You're welcome" and they started saying that also.

I would tell them to say "Thank you" to others.

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Re: Thanks (everyone)

In reply to: Re: Thanks (everyone)

You make a good point. They do learn by imitation, don't they! My wife has become much more aware of how many kids on her flights exhibit poor manners, and in almost every case the parents are just as bad. We do say "please" and "thank you" when exchanging items with her and we're always courteous with waiters and other service workers (as long as they deserve it); maybe we shouldn't bug her about it and just let her pick it up on her own.

Collapse -
She is adorable

In reply to: Re: Thanks (everyone)

Collapse -
Re: She is adorable

In reply to: She is adorable

We just ask her to say please when she asks for something (not every time though), and every now and then I follow that up with an "it's always nice to say please when you ask for something." When she does say please I get all excited and show her how quickly that word gets results.

Collapse -

Good choice, Josh.

If you can't do it right, then don't do it at all, and let TPTB find someone who can.

Collapse -

Well, I guess if you still wanted to put in a word or two of advice, now and then, you could still do that. Ive only recently discovered the Speak Easy, myself. Actually I knew it was here, I just never got around to signing up, when you still had to sign up separately.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Just wanted everyone to know.....

Well that is something I never heard of. Weird! When did it take a separate sign up for each forum??
Glenda

Collapse -

I just remember reading some time ago that the Speak Easy forum required a separate sign up. I never tested it to see if that was still the case until just recently. They had made a lot of changes to the programming, here -- lots of improvements.

Collapse -

WOW! I must have missed that one!!! LOL
Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well, its been quite some time since I saw that,,,

Collapse -
Re: Signing up separately...

Hi, Dragon.

>>Actually I knew it was here, I just never got around to signing up, when you still had to sign up separately.<<
I've been in the forums for about six years now, through three or four different software versions, and I don't recall having to sign up for forums individually. Glad you joined, IAC!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Hmmm, Maybe we didnt have to?

In reply to: Re: Signing up separately...

I just remember reading that little notice. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) have fun and you will be missed

Collapse -

Hi, Josh.

Funny how a new family member can rearrange priorities! Thanks for long and faithful service, and glad you'll still be around, even if less "colorfully!"

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.