General discussion

Just to make it perfectly clear,

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Just to make it perfectly clear,
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Just to make it perfectly clear,
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
very nice can you send me that pic?

purrty pleaseHappy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Already sent....
- Collapse -
Naval Photographs
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thank you william
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and all those icons lined up so neatly :-)
- Collapse -
Thanks to you...

and that setting being the last one I tried...heheheh

I didn't snap the start/taskbar because it drops down from the top when I hover the mouse and is five lines deep with all my quicklaunch icons up there...it takes too much real estate if I don't hide it.

TONI

- Collapse -
when i use my photo program

to make fit screen its blured dang

- Collapse -
don't use that

instead, right click the desktop, choose Properties, click Desktop in the tabs...then use the browse button to locate the .jpg file and click OK/Apply. Windows fits it perfectly on the desktop without the blur.

Your photo program is trying to resize it by stretching it when windows doesn't need to.

I use a screen resolution of 1024X768 with highest 32-bit color quality.

TONI

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) got it woo hoo
- Collapse -
if you want even more real estate

create a new folder for those 'shortcuts', tucked in a corner you won't even feel it Happy

- Collapse -
There are a lot of interpretations of "all who threaten it,"

Toni! You might well find that same wallpaper on the computer of a PETA member, or those who believe in bombing abortion clinics...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ah jeezzz, dk
- Collapse -
whens the last time

peta flew a plane into a building> or beheaded a person.
you just cant help it can you.
please remove your post and resighn as a mod your a insult to cnet, and i know my post will be pulled and yours wont so be it

- Collapse -
its true dk had to soil this post

another insult to the soldiers.

- Collapse -
You're all to ready to see insult where none exists or

is intended, Mark. Other than a picture of an aircraft carrier, the military isn't even mentioned in Toni's post. Meanwhile, don't you think the Palistinian suicide bombers believe they're dying for liberty, even though you and I both disagree with that conclusion?

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i see it as an insult dave
- Collapse -
P.S. I now see the "Navy" in the lower right --

honestly didn't notice it before, cause it's down where the icons are, and I didn't look at them carefully. Plus it's blurry down there...

- Collapse -
Who said anything about planes and building, Mark.

Look at the list of targets in Emily's wallpaper again -- both groups I mentioned consider themselves to be acting justifiably in the name of life. Point is, a "target" is in the eye of the beholder.

- Collapse -
and you dont understand your insult

again you dirty a thing

- Collapse -
How quickly we forget ...

Part of the point to defending liberty is to defend the potential for multiple viewpoints.

While I doubt a PETA member would put that particular picture on his/her desktop, DK's point is well taken. There is an extent to which threats are in the eye of the observer. That is not always true, of course, but it is true often enough.

The fact that Toni and DK frequently disagree about the nature and relative seriousness of the threats facing our country hardly implies he was insulting either the military or Toni.

The title of this post also applies to forgetting something else. In view of this post, I'm rather surprised that either of your replies to DK were allowed to stand. Don't forget that there is a difference between disagreement and personal attack. I don't see how your replies could be interpreted as anything but personal attacks.

- Collapse -
and as i see it as an insult to toni

like you said it depends on the viewer
so how about it i see dk as a constant basher but others dont.
just like when he insulted the reserves few weeks ago.
seems how fast some forget eh?

- Collapse -
some forget and

some don't even realize what they are saying is insulting

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No Dave, there aren't.
- Collapse -
Neat desktop, Toni,...

...even if is does represent the Navy. Devil (kidding!)

Now, since I just had to snoop, I ask: Why two Adobe Acrobat Readers?

- Collapse -
I had the newest one installed

but one of the pdf files I had must have been really old because it wouldn't open until I installed one of the older versions....go figger. LOL I thought they were backward compatable for each version, but this one file just laughed in my face. Glad I still had the old version floating around in my backup stuff.

TONI

- Collapse -
Someone, somewhere, posted a humourus graphic

re the new "catch and release" program. Cool

Now I cant find it. Help!

- Collapse -
Try ...

CNET Forums

Forum Info