TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Just some FYI about M$ Vista!!!

by jcrobso / January 30, 2007 12:27 AM PST

If your thinking about upgrading DON'T!!!!!!! DON'T!!!! DON'T!!!!!
Go to the Vista forum and read some of the wars stories(some of them are mine, I'm trained on this stuff, I'm a M$ Partner) about the massive problems that Vista can cause!!!
You need at least one giga byte of RAM, a very fast processor(P4 or AMD 3ghz or more) and very good video card.
If your XP is working just sit back and relax, save up your money Vista is BIG $$$$ and wait for Vista SP1. John

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just some FYI about M$ Vista!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just some FYI about M$ Vista!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nearly everything we read ( & plenty has been posted)
by NM_Bill / January 31, 2007 12:38 PM PST

pretty well concludes, well, a really disappointing introduction. MS stripped away several features promised early on. And the state of the actual release is full of incompatibilities & holes needing a rather large & well thought out service pack before it's somewhat "normally" usable.

However, for all those who like to cling to the functional past - the new look & feel is the future. You'll be pretty much all be addressing it eventually. OK, so maybe you can go 5 five years (as I've known several who have done that in the past when with a version they got along with well.) But, over time you've just going to get long in the tooth.

Uncomfortable or not, it will be the future. More modern. May we all eventually progress, converge & integrate. If only MS could write software as elegantly as Apple. With time they each "borrow" from the other. They both act like despots. Choose your despot.

So much for my rambling as I'm an old Mac dude. An Intel Mac (with quad core or their recently revealed major step forward thing) running both platforms with Parallels would seem fine. Dang it, ya' shouldn't over buy cause it costs too much.

Hasn't any computer you've had 5 years seemed rather left behind?

Collapse -
"If only MS could write software as elegantly as Apple"
by jcrobso / February 1, 2007 5:04 AM PST

Well M$ sure tried to make Vista look like Mac OS X, spent a lot money they did.
I guess M$ is going for the "Geeee Whizzz don't it look pretty" effect.
If you can't dazzle the with brilliance baffle them with bull!
The rumor is that Vista SP1 may be here by the end of the year. John

Collapse -
Read my comment here. . .
by Coryphaeus / January 30, 2007 8:54 AM PST
Collapse -
(IMHO) MICROSOFT SHOULD HAVE ISSUED A.............
by Riverledge / January 30, 2007 9:17 AM PST

WINDOWS XP/SP3 and XP/SP4 versions before this VISTA crap.
And the price verges on "blackmail" !!!

BOYCOTT VISTA...........(can't believe I waited for this !)

Riverledge.

Collapse -
What MS needs is Apple's marketing department.
by ahtoi / January 30, 2007 9:14 AM PST

They can sell anything!!!

Collapse -
(NT) Or Volkswagen!
by Coryphaeus / January 30, 2007 8:21 PM PST
Collapse -
O yea
by bkchurch / January 31, 2007 12:20 PM PST
In reply to: Or Volkswagen!

Just imagine, the PC guy from the apple commercials comes on screen and "unpimps" a really sweet Mac and then a big crate falls on it which falls apart revealing a tricked out VooDoo PC running Crysis. "Vista in the house, representing MS".

Collapse -
i have a mac
by masterying01 / January 31, 2007 2:29 PM PST

and basically, most of the new features in vista mimics a mac. i've been playing with windows vista in the store and i am not impressed. its just a resource hogging newer looking version of winxp. i'm sticking with my macbook pro for now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.