Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Just purchased Adobe illustrator CS2 and...

by funkid7 / June 2, 2005 2:05 AM PDT

WOW! the Classroom in a Book, that came with it is HUGE! 382 pages of brain food and I am one hungry, cerebral object!
Well, I will be temporarily gone, while I install my new HDD and website, learn this software, etc.
Just thought; I would drop in today and have a say, before I go away.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just purchased Adobe illustrator CS2 and...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just purchased Adobe illustrator CS2 and...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
AICS
by taboma. / June 9, 2005 4:25 PM PDT

Funkid7, Where have you been lately? Into the tutorials for Illustrator? Saw your post for trapping. Good idea.
The Tutorials are very good.
Any pirated software would not contain the tutorials that Bob Proffitt has referred to on another post.
Keep up with the lessons and you will learn it pretty quickly. Not that hard if you take one lesson at a time. Do not jump ahead of the tutorial. Kind of a learning curve.
Also check out the trapping issues with Illustrator. The default trap is .25". You can change that default to .32 for a simple press run on a simple press that cannot perfect the registration.
After learning AI, go to the traps on AI. You can automatically trap any art with the proper spreads and chokes also.
For a simple file that has a black outline, add a trap outline amount to it. One point. Click on the next box and click OK. That will give you a spread of one point to the original art.
I love Illustrator and I am sure that you will too.

You have my email address from before. I could send to you simple or complex files to show you on downloads or as a attachment to text. My system is a Mac and I do not have any viruses on any files. Many people receive my downloads as text. No problem ever.

Kevin Smith

Collapse -
AICS reviewed
by taboma. / June 10, 2005 4:06 PM PDT
In reply to: AICS

Funkid, see the latest reviews from the Adobe Forums at Adobe and see what is with CS. I heard kind of buggy from Taylor. Ouch! :

Collapse -
I am still alive
by funkid7 / June 17, 2005 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: AICS reviewed

Also have two other things going on; installing new HDD and my internet provider, has just been bought out by another. This means they are switching me to new ISP this week! I have already experienced a couple of down times and not sure where this will end up, when new cable/internet switch is over.

I will check that out for sure, Kevin. There is bound to be buggers in many softwares. I had to jump at my chance to purchase AI; I got 15% off on it, for a limited time.

Trapping: Great and perfect advice for me, Kevin! I am also studying up on, vecture graphics and their limits during printing. Just thought I'd throw that trapping tut out for fun. Yep, I skipped ahead and know better. I will definitely get back on track.

Thanks for the great info.
Mike.

Collapse -
Adobe Video Collection Professional
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / June 12, 2005 12:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
Video Collection
by taboma. / June 12, 2005 3:28 PM PDT

Chorus-Line, A gift. Nice! Any way that I may order it. Links needed please. From Adobe?

Collapse -
I am back for now
by funkid7 / June 29, 2005 2:23 AM PDT

Installed my Hard Drive and OS; absolute heavenly process and done in 3 hours with all, Including SP2!
How you ask?
First of all; I keep everything and I do mean all. Software boxes, paswrds, CD's, etc. ALSo I sent away for the FREE CD of Microsofts SP2, via snail mail. Having it on CD, saved me 3hrs.6min.(according to Bill) downloading/installing it from web.

P.S. Color management: I finally understand why, my printed artworks were, coming out too dark or reddish tint: never assign color management to both application and printer, at once. Oops!

Collapse -
Welcome Back
by taboma. / June 29, 2005 4:27 PM PDT
In reply to: I am back for now

Fun Kid. Isn't color management a Kodak thing also? I have color management with a jpg file in Photoshop as a choice on my Mac. With an EPS file for professional printing, there is not a color management choice. Are you Mac or PC? Sending files out to a print shop or just to a desktop printer?

Kevin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!