HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Just got this error msg while trying to refresh Speakeasy main page.

by James Denison / March 19, 2004 1:54 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just got this error msg while trying to refresh Speakeasy main page.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just got this error msg while trying to refresh Speakeasy main page.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I get those ever now and then. Usually after ...

a page has been opened for quite some time. I think that comes up if you had done some activity like a search or purchase. Maybe a post to SE?

Collapse -
Re:Just got this error msg while trying to refresh Speakeasy main page.

If you start a add a new discussion and then refresh the SE discussion list, you'll get that message. If you click on OK you'll add the same discussion again. Have you seen this happening?

It might happen within a discussion, too, but I don't refresh those pages so I don't see it.

Dan

Collapse -
Well the question CNET should investigate is why...

...the POST DATA is being cached and then remains as if a part, or attached to the page they return you to. The data does need to be cached for edit purposes, but once you hit the post button, the data should become uncached.

Collapse -
I don't think it's unique to CNET, it happens on other sites. Usually ...
by Rosalie / March 19, 2004 9:52 AM PST

when you have interacted somehow with the page such as a search or request.

Collapse -
I kept getting dupes, just on the front page of SE

using Netscape 4.8, so I switched to using Netscape 7 instead and starting getting that error msg. Version 4.8 doesn't check for that. At least that message told me what was happening, so now let's see if CNET will check that portion of the programming for POST DATA.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.